Iron7 vs Chrome7?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Catscratch

Iron7 vs Chrome7?

Post by Catscratch »

Hi,

is there somewhere a table or website, which compares Iron7 with Chrome7? I want to know, what are the advantages of Iron7 compared to Chome7? Lots of the advantages written on the Iron-Website are obsolete since Chrome5 (e.g. ClientID, Communication with Google, ...).

Thank you and best regards.
ironuser

Re: Iron7 vs Chrome7?

Post by ironuser »

Catscratch wrote:Hi,

is there somewhere a table or website, which compares Iron7 with Chrome7? I want to know, what are the advantages of Iron7 compared to Chome7? Lots of the advantages written on the Iron-Website are obsolete since Chrome5 (e.g. ClientID, Communication with Google, ...).

Thank you and best regards.
I don't know about comparing Iron7 to Chrome7, but here are the differences in Iron versus Chrome. I am assuming the Iron developers still use these parameters. http://www.srware.net/en/software_srwar ... s_iron.php
Catscratch

Post by Catscratch »

Hi,

yeah. But the problem ist, that this list is out of date. Most of the differences do not longer exist in Chrome7 oder 8.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Catscratch wrote:Hi,

yeah. But the problem ist, that this list is out of date. Most of the differences do not longer exist in Chrome7 oder 8.
which ones are out of date ?

another issue would be the "google updater" which is a piece of crap
Pkad

Post by Pkad »

ironuser

Post by ironuser »

And Chrome still doesn't have the built in adblcok support.
bulek

Post by bulek »

mapx wrote:which ones are out of date ?
Most of them. All of them except of clientID, RLZ and updater can be disabled in the config nowadays. In addition clientID is used only during the first installation and first update, and then removed and not used anymore. RLZ has been removed from the Chrome downloaded from the main Chrome page (it can still be present if you download it from other vendors). In addition the RLZ code has been published os an Open Source. Updater is the only feature that stays built-in in Chrome but at the same time it has also been published as an Open Source.

For me therefore the main differences currently are Iron logo, built-in adblock (proprietary and closed software engine), removed several options which you can easily turn off in Chrome and removed auto-update functionality. That's it more or less.