New Iron-Version: 7.0.520.1 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Pkad

Re: New Iron-Version: 7.0.520.1 Stable for Windows

Post by Pkad »

SRWare wrote:Image

work is in progress
Great news ! So, I'm waiting for the new release. I Hope for a sidebar (natively) in Iron for bookmarks soon.
mapx

Post by mapx »

Mele20 wrote:Thank you for that information. I'll be uninstalling Iron.
mele ... can you use google ?

u have:

--enable-cookie-prompt

try it ...
alexander

Post by alexander »

work is in progress
carry on, guys!
Siberia waiting for this release!
Good luck!
honkk

Post by honkk »

gamgas wrote:

work is in progress
Forget that and get us the Linux version first :mrgreen:
No way my friend!!! We will get :lol: :lol: :lol: the Windows version first!!!
megaman

Post by megaman »

Will some of the problems. that we've mentioned, be addressed? That's all I am wondering.

Patience is a virtue but we still want to be informed on what is to be. :P
Mele20

Post by Mele20 »

Why is the Google AdSense bot in this forum keeping me from clicking on links or being able to login?
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

mapx wrote:
Mele20 wrote:Thank you for that information. I'll be uninstalling Iron.
mele ... can you use google ?

u have:

--enable-cookie-prompt

try it ...
:D At last, a solution to the problem, I thought we had lost that forever. Thank you mapx, glad someone deigned to answer us mere mortals.

@mele - If you dont know what this means, right click the icon you use to launch Iron, choose properties, and in the box labelled target, you need to make sure the --enable-cookie-prompt is at the end of that line (separated by a space) similar to this ....

"C:\Program Files\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" --enable-cookie-prompt --enable-extensions
Mele20

Post by Mele20 »

Gee, I was here earlier on Opera because I was planning to just uninstall Iron over the cookie issue and I didn't have it running. Now, I am here on Iron 6.0.475. On Iron here I don't see "google" in the question to me "mele....can you use google?" as being a clickable link as it shows on Opera. Nor do I get that weird Google Adbot popup window that was following me all over this forum when I was using Opera. The popup is clickable just as "google" is clickable when using Opera. It takes me to contaxte.com but to the German version which is at http://www.adwords-starthilfe.de/st/. I can't use Opera here because of that Google adbot following me around.

On Iron, "google" is not clickable and, if I hover my mouse near "who is online" at the bottom of the page where Google AdSense bot is ALWAYS listed, I don't get the popup window like I do using Opera here. So, Google AdSense bot is following all of us at this forum but you can't see that if you use Iron here but you can if you use Opera here. I don't like that!

So, if I add that --enable -cookie-prompt to the end of the line in the target box in Iron Properties then that gives me back cookie prompt ability? That would be great. I can't try that on the current version of Iron that I have because it still has cookie prompt. I'll have to install the latest version that doesn't have it and try this. Thanks.
Gilgar

Re: New Iron-Version: 7.0.520.0 Stable for Windows

Post by Gilgar »

w33d3r wrote:
dotzolder wrote:With this release, the option to be asked whether a site can place a cookie is removed. Now, you can only accept either all or none, with the possibility to exclude certain URLs only via a manual list. Is this removed on purpose?
:shock: No, really?, if thats true Iron has just taken a step backwards in time. Or has this been forced by Google?. I will stay with the previous version I have for now if this is true.
As soon as your reply was in concern to discussion of the version 7.0.520.0 then by 'previous version' you meant version 6.0.475.1, right? OK, here is thing I want to ask you or anybody else:
Could you please provide me with a link, torrent or whatsoever from where I could download that previous version.

Thank you.
Mele20

Re: New Iron-Version: 7.0.520.0 Stable for Windows

Post by Mele20 »

MST wrote:
Mele20 wrote:Iron does not pass cookie forensics at GRC.com (context problems with third party cookies being set even when blocked). That is the older versions do not pass. This new version, I shudder to think how it would perform. I like Iron but Google is intent on stripping users of ALL privacy and I am not going to upgrade Iron after reading this thread nor will I continue to use the version I have. Opera, Fx both respect my privacy much better and they pass cookie forensics tests at GRC.com. IE, of course, doesn't pass as how you set it for cookies is irrelevant as it ignores your settings in all versions.

There is also the SSL problem with Iron. I cannot force Iron to disallow the weak ciphers like I can with Opera. Of course, I assume this is a Chrome problem not an Iron one. Google hates any sort of privacy or security for users and Iron can't fix all the Google privacy/security problems in Chrome with its Iron offering. So, I am better off security, and privacy wise, with Opera and Firefox although they also have to watched very carefully as they too will cause immense security and privacy problems if not very carefully configured.
I ran this test with opera,and it gets the same results as IRON.According to a dev at OPERA forums,this test is B.S . http://my.opera.com/community/forums/to ... ent7706312

I would like to hear SRware's view on this test.
http://www.grc.com/cookies/context.htm

I replied in your Opera thread. That Opera developer does not understand the GRC test nor does he understand that a lot of us would not use Opera if it could pass the test. All that talk about proper cookie settings in Opera breaking some sites. So what? I won't visit a site that requires cookies. My privacy is extremely important to me. I will complain the offending site and thank Opera for protecting my privacy. That Opera developer is the one who is full of BS not GRC cookie test or Opera cookies preferences set correctly.