New Iron-Version: 7.0.520.1 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

megaman

Re: New Iron-Version: 7.0.520.1 Stable for Windows

Post by megaman »

Uncle Spellbinder wrote:Anyone having issues with Yahoo! Mail? I can no longer access it. The page flashes for a moment then I get the "ooops" page.

"Ooops. Yahoo! Mail can't load
Loading Yahoo! Mail failed due to a client side error"

No issues in Firefox 4.0beta7 or IE 9
I am having another type of problem but it's similar to yours about Yahoo! Mail. Normally, if I click on a link from the mail, another tab opens regarding the link I clicked on, but, as of now, for some reason when I click the link I see tons of tabs open.
bulek

Post by bulek »

megaman wrote:Now, to the point in hand, I must say that I am running the GPU experimental version, yet nothing shows up in the Task Manager about the GPU working, during the Fish Tank trial of the Microsoft Website.
Add the MS GPU demo site to your exceptions in Adblock and try again (I assume you do have a proper set of command line options in place).
megaman wrote:if someone can help me so that the tabs open in the background, I open tons of tabs and it gets annoying when they open and switch to that newly-opened tab.
Well... how do you open these tabs? If I right-click on the link and use "open in new tab" it opens in background. You may also click the link with CTRL key - this should also open a new tab in background.
megaman wrote:the browser starts lagging like hell when opening those many tabs
Just for testing disable Adblock and install Adthwart. I was also using Adblock and observed such lagging and then changed to Adtwarth and the lagging went away for good.
megaman

Post by megaman »

bulek wrote:Add the MS GPU demo site to your exceptions in Adblock and try again (I assume you do have a proper set of command line options in place).
I did but the GPU in the Task Manager still doesn't show up. I am not too concerned about it, since a later version of Iron might solve that.

Thank you so much for the CTRL key thing, but I downloaded an extension in the Chrome site that allows me to do that in the background with the middle click, that same day that I posted the problem. I simply didn't apply that I found the solution because I double-posted and it felt like I will get kicked for posting again. (If only they allow the edit button. :))

Thanks, I will try Adtwarth. I guess Adblock is only good in FF, since the same site didn't cause me problems there, even with all the tabs.
pradap

Post by pradap »

With this release, the option to be asked whether a site can place a cookie is removed. Now, you can only accept either all or none, with the possibility to exclude certain URLs only via a manual list. Is this removed on purpose? :D :mrgreen: :ugeek:
megaman

Post by megaman »

I have another problem with the browser, this regards to the passwords and saving them.

I normally love the idea of the saved passwords and login information automatically filling the fields, so I can login quickly, but there are some sites that don't do this.

Now, I have done a few things but none of those work.
a. Deleting the site from the Saved Passwords list, but the prompt won't show up to save.
b. Sometimes the prompt did show up(I am talking about many sites) and the sites becomes added to the list but I still have to manually type in the password.
c. I choose not to clear cookies, since a large percentage of the member sites don't have this problem. (So, I don't take it on cookies as the problem.)

The only thing that doesn't become problematic is the list of login names, but on some sites the login name selected won't fill in the password portion.
P.S. Firefox filled in the fields on all the sites, even the ones that SRWare Iron doesn't fill. (I wouldn't add situations from another browser, but sometimes we are asked to try another browser to see if the problem occurs there too.)
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

work is in progress
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
Mele20

Post by Mele20 »

Will ver 8 have the ability to ask regarding cookies? I did not install ver 7 because that ability was removed in ver 7. It has never been clear to me if that was a permanent, deliberate move on the part of Google or not. If the ability to ask regarding cookies is not coming back, I'd like to know as I will remove Iron and forget about it. I liked it but I won't use a browser that does not give me full control over cookies.
bulek

Post by bulek »

Mele20 wrote:Will ver 8 have the ability to ask regarding cookies?
I am using currently Chromium 10. There is no option of asking for cookies in it. My assumpion therefore is you won't have this option in Iron at least in versions 8, 9, 10.
gamgas

Post by gamgas »

SRWare wrote:Image

work is in progress
Forget that and get us the Linux version first :mrgreen:
Mele20

Post by Mele20 »

Thank you for that information. I'll be uninstalling Iron.