Iron v1.0.155 Registry Bug?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

CogitoErgoSum

Iron v1.0.155 Registry Bug?

Post by CogitoErgoSum »

After installing the latest version of Google Chrome, it(chrome.exe) appears as expected under the following registry key alongside Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari and Opera: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet. In contrast, the latest version of Iron does not. Is this a bug or by design? The reason that I am asking is because one of my security programs(DefenseWall) requires this registry entry in order to run any specified web browser under a special protected mode. Please look into this.

Peace & Gratitude,

CogitoErgoSum
CogitoErgoSum

Re:

Post by CogitoErgoSum »

Hello Wisdom Fluxion,

I was able to confirm and verify that the latest build of Chromium as of 12/22 is not affected by Iron's registry bug.

Peace & Gratitude,

CogitoErgoSum
SRWare
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by SRWare »

CogitoErgoSum wrote:
Hello Wisdom Fluxion,

I was able to confirm and verify that the latest build of Chromium as of 12/22 is not affected by Iron's registry bug.

Peace & Gratitude,

CogitoErgoSum
Hello,

if you want to compare then please compare equal buils, so in this case Chromium Build 6886.
CogitoErgoSum

Re: Iron v1.0.155 Registry Bug?

Post by CogitoErgoSum »

For those who are interested,

I was able to confirm and verify that Chromium Build 6886 is not affected by Iron's registry bug.

Peace & Gratitude,

CogitoErgoSum
Wisdom Fluxion

Re: Iron v1.0.155 Registry Bug?

Post by Wisdom Fluxion »

CogitoErgoSum wrote: special protected mode
If you want to run an application in a lower privilege environment: login as a lower privilege user.