Launching Incognito (without shortcut)

Iron Forum for english speaking people

bsol

Launching Incognito (without shortcut)

Post by bsol »

Yes, I know how to launch Iron in Incognito mode by modifying a desktop shortcut settings.

However, I would like Iron to launch in Incognito mode when the program is started by external shortcuts and links. For example, if you get a web link in an email and you click on it to browse to that address, if Iron is your default browser, it will launch Iron from the source IRON.EXE file...NOT from the desktop shortcut, and when Iron.exe launches, it does NOT launch in Incognito by default.

How can we set Iron.exe to launch in Incognito mode? Is there an .ini file that we might use to accomplish this?

Thanks for any suggestions.
bsol

Re: Launching Incognito (without shortcut)

Post by bsol »

I think I found a half-solution to this problem:

(1) Set Iron as your default browser.
(2) Manually launch Iron in Incognito mode and leave it running (it can be minimized or mazimized...doesn't matter).
(3) Now when you click on a link (for example, in an email), it will automatically open that link in a new Incognito tab within the Iron Incognito browser that you already have open.

If you omit step (2) above, this will not work, and the link will open in a normal (not Incognito) Iron window.

It would still be better if we had the option to set Iron.exe (or Chrome) to launch itself in Incognito mode by default.
oposum2310

Post by oposum2310 »

Win7x64 regedit HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Classes -> http -> shell -> open -> command -> value = "C:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" -incognito -- "%1"
billybag

Post by billybag »

i know this thread is old but the solution here did not work for me and simply adding "[..]\Iron.exe --incognito" does not work as well.