New Iron-Version: 6.0.475.1 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

vtol

Re: New Iron-Version: 6.0.475.1 Stable for Windows

Post by vtol »

not certain whether it happened during the update from Iron 5.x to 6.0.475 or thereafter to 6.0.457.1 but somewhere in between the explorer file association with htm/html in WIN 7 64bit went missing and cannot be established again for Iron 6.0.457.1, though for any other browser.
clayisindazone

Post by clayisindazone »

Great work SRWare!!!!! You guys are are modding the best browser on th planet!!! Fastest like lightning!!!They new features are excellent!Please keeep up the great work and keep the releases comming......Is there a page for that shows what features or upgrades are comming?Or where users can request possible future features?Thanks.
dancmd

Post by dancmd »

I've just installed Iron (latest version) and I have a problem: flash doesn't work. I have flash installed and it works fine on IE9 beta.
I'm on Windows7.
What shall I do?

Thanks.
dancmd

Post by dancmd »

dancmd wrote:I've just installed Iron (latest version) and I have a problem: flash doesn't work. I have flash installed and it works fine on IE9 beta.
I'm on Windows7.
What shall I do?

Thanks.
Only Adobe Flash Player 10 Active X was installed.
I've installed Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin and it works.
Redratus

Post by Redratus »

Hi all.
Is there any way to disable the hot-key "space". Currently it acts like "Page Down", thus I can't stand why this hot-key should be used. And on the other hand while online gaming "space" is needed to be pushed, and imagine what happens: "Page Down".
That is a bit disappointing.
So, please, if anybody knows how to disable that hot-key, tell me.
Thanks in advance.
Berno

Post by Berno »

Redratus wrote: Is there any way to disable the hot-key "space". Currently it acts like "Page Down", thus I can't stand why this hot-key should be used.
Most if not all browsers I know have this hot key. Right now I checked MSIE6 which does it too.
I recall that even the first version of Netscape I used had it.
Redratus wrote: And on the other hand while online gaming "space" is needed to be pushed, and imagine what happens: "Page Down". That is a bit disappointing.
This could be fine-tuned on the game's site, e.g. by making the page small enough that there is nothing to scroll.
Otherwise sorry, I have no help to offer. But it is not a browser specific issue.
Berno

Post by Berno »

I have a problem with Iron v6 (both 6.0.475 and 6.0.475.1):

Iron6 (portable) does not ask any more if it should save a password. :o Independently of the setting in 'Options -> Privacy -> Passwords' , it does not ask for passwords, and thus the list of stored passwords stays empty.

This works well with Iron v3, v4 and v5, so something must have been broken in v6.
I only tried the portable versions, not the installer versions.

As I am working with many web applications that repeatedly ask for a password with every login, the stored passwords are a crucial feature to me. This makes Iron v6 unusable for me. :(

Thanks,
B.
Redratus

Post by Redratus »

Berno wrote:
Redratus wrote: Is there any way to disable the hot-key "space". Currently it acts like "Page Down", thus I can't stand why this hot-key should be used.
Most if not all browsers I know have this hot key. Right now I checked MSIE6 which does it too.
I recall that even the first version of Netscape I used had it.
IE9, Opera 10.63, Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10, Apple Safari 5 - None of these browsers has got the hotkey "space" as "page down"...
Redratus wrote: And on the other hand while online gaming "space" is needed to be pushed, and imagine what happens: "Page Down". That is a bit disappointing.
This could be fine-tuned on the game's site, e.g. by making the page small enough that there is nothing to scroll.
Otherwise sorry, I have no help to offer. But it is not a browser specific issue.
Dear All, in future, please, be aware of posting answers like "Sorry I can't help you", you are just filling the forum with non-useful information. I have no time to read stupid comments. Just a simple answer I need to a simple question <<How to disable "space" hotkey in Srware Iron?>>
Thank you very much.
Best regards.
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

For information:
The work on Iron 7 are already on progress and the new version will be released the next days.
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
Redratus

Post by Redratus »

SRWare wrote:For information:
The work on Iron 7 are already on progress and the new version will be released the next days.
Sir. You are inside of the project and you are one of the most competent persons when concerning Iron configuration.
Will the "space" hotkey be disabled in version 7? If 'no', then is there any way to do it myself?
Thank you in advance