Every new opened srware iron window opens lower on my screen

Iron Forum for english speaking people

doemaarnaar

Every new opened srware iron window opens lower on my screen

Post by doemaarnaar »

I am using srware iron now for quite some time and am happy with it. But for one annoying thing.

Every time I open a new iron window, it opens just a bit more to the lower right of my screen. Until it now wanders off my screen. That makes iron unusable, as every new screen now opens off my screen, where I can not see or click it.

Someone who knows this problem, and how to solve it?
doemaarnaar

Re: Every new opened srware iron window opens lower on my sc

Post by doemaarnaar »

No-one with the same problem?
bulek

Post by bulek »

I can reproduce this behavior but for me personally this is not a problem at all. How many windows should I open to make Iron go completely out of screen? Lot's of them. I do use tabs usually and only from time to time new window. I can give you just simple advice. Whn you open so many windows next time catch the last one and bring it back to the top left. New windows will start opening from the begining and you can have next 20 or 30 visible on screen this way.
doemaarnaar

Post by doemaarnaar »

Thanks for your reply, bulek,

However, it is not the case that I open so many windows. Even if I close all Iron windows, and open one new window, it just opens a little bit more to the right bottom of my screen. Even if I reboot my pc and open a new Iron window, it again opens just a bit more to the right bottom of the screen. This goes on and on.
bulek

Post by bulek »

Hmm... this sounds strange. I usually use Iron in maximized mode so I do not have such a problem. I tried anyway to open/close Iron serveral times in normal mode (not maximized). As far as I can tell it always opens in the last position with the last size. I haven't noticed any change in the position. Not sure if this matters but in my options I do have opening the last tabs on Iron startup turned on.
doemaarnaar

Post by doemaarnaar »

Too bad, this annoying symptom makes me de-install SRWare. I can not use it anymore.

The frequent crashes of SRWare and this strange behaviour make me hate it.