New Iron-Release: 5.0.326 Alpha for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

n3002

Re: New Iron-Release: 5.0.326 Alpha for Windows

Post by n3002 »

The file that stops making the incognito window from showing "Aw snap!" is the Preferences file located in the folder C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default ("Default" unless you have another profile name). This directory address was taken on a Windows 7 computer which differ slightly on WinXP but remain the same for Vista users.

Close SRWare and delete the file, relaunch and it should be fixed. :)[/quote]

^ I tried that several times and it worked as long as I didn't had extensions such as LastPass (among others) installed. Once I removed LastPass and the others which I don't remember (tried this a week ago, that's why), Incognito worked again. It must be a bug definitely. I won't be using this version without LastPass so I'll pass this one.
Pierre771

Post by Pierre771 »

Raener wrote:...the Preferences file located in the folder C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default ("Default" unless you have another profile name)...
Hello

Yes...

Iron should not use the "Chromium" folder, it should use an "Iron" folder (for instance) as a default folder.

Otherwise it creates an impossibility of having Iron and Chromium buid at the same time.

http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=652
C'est trop injuste !
jerrytouille

Post by jerrytouille »

Do you mean to delete the whole "Default" folder? Will it destroy all my extension and preferences or bookmarks?

n3002 wrote:The file that stops making the incognito window from showing "Aw snap!" is the Preferences file located in the folder C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default ("Default" unless you have another profile name). This directory address was taken on a Windows 7 computer which differ slightly on WinXP but remain the same for Vista users.

Close SRWare and delete the file, relaunch and it should be fixed. :)
^ I tried that several times and it worked as long as I didn't had extensions such as LastPass (among others) installed. Once I removed LastPass and the others which I don't remember (tried this a week ago, that's why), Incognito worked again. It must be a bug definitely. I won't be using this version without LastPass so I'll pass this one.[/quote]
n3002

Post by n3002 »

jerrytouille wrote:Do you mean to delete the whole "Default" folder? Will it destroy all my extension and preferences or bookmarks?
I was actually quoting Raener's last post on page 4. I just wrote the last part about LastPass and that's it. I don't know why the system didn't pick that up. Quote him in any case.
Pierre771

Post by Pierre771 »

Hello

Explanation :

A priori , according to my experience, SRWare Iron and Chromium cannot co-exist because SRWare folder in Appdata is Chromium and I think it cannot be customized (or say me how).

The file that can be customize is SRWare Iron in program files.

At the moment you must choose : Iron or Chromium.

Google Chrome can coexist with Iron or Chromium : it uses Google folders.
C'est trop injuste !
Pierre771

Post by Pierre771 »

And Iron and Chromuim cannot coexist for other reasons :

During the short period when I had both program installed (sharing the folder Chromium), I couldn't declare Chromium as the default browser : it seems the system considered they were the same program.

Thye should be well separed. I would suggest this evolution for the next alpha version. ;)
C'est trop injuste !
negated

Post by negated »

Why is the 5.0.380 beta release not part of the English forum?

-S
OptimismPrime

Post by OptimismPrime »

negated wrote:Why is the 5.0.380 beta release not part of the English forum?

-S
The german forum states that the 5.0.380 available there is a PREVIEW of the 5.0.x Beta, designed for testing the beta and "ironing out" :roll: things with the german translation which isn't finished (some settings are german, some english) and that a PROPER Beta release is due out in the next few days.