Unable to set Iron as default browser

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Magnus

Re: Unable to set Iron as default browser

Post by Magnus »

Pierre771 wrote:Hello

***************** SOLVED !!!! ******************

I could define Iron as default browser after reinstalling Iron executing the .exe as an administrator (Vista).

Good Sunday.
Through your comment I was inspired to launch the Iron shortcut in Vista via "Run as Administrator"... When the app opened I confirmed Iron as the default browser and it stuck. At the same time, an Iron shortcut was auto-magically created in the Start Menu. So I'm good to go. For me there was no need to reinstall.
Pierre771

Post by Pierre771 »

:)
C'est trop injuste !
Pierre771

Post by Pierre771 »

Magnus wrote:...For me there was no need to reinstall.
In fact it's not absolutely exact.

You have a module which has restricted possibilities (maybe it's not the only pb you'll meet).

Imagine you change your mind several times : Iron will be the only browser which needs to be run as admin to declare it as a default one.

Besides, in Vista and W7, all the installs (and uninstalls when you run directly an uninstall program) should be run as an administrator. There is a symbol "windows" which indicates it in the icon for that kind of program.

Regards. Pierre
C'est trop injuste !
DaveIron

Post by DaveIron »

I just installed over top of the current installation. Ran the installer as administrator and now Iron is my default browser
I have tried this & I couldn't set Iron as default. I even had to re-install Fanboy's adblock list.
DaveIron

Post by DaveIron »

Ermm....I figured it out! After re-installing from the installer as admin I set Iron from Options as default.

*Eureka Moment* :idea: ;)