Flash Player Windows 7

Iron Forum for english speaking people

NewGuy

Flash Player Windows 7

Post by NewGuy »

Hello all.

How do I install flash player plugin in SRWare v 4.0.280, and how do you update it occasionally?

How about a plugin manager in future versions?

Thanks to all who answer.
w33d3r

Re: Flash Player Windows 7

Post by w33d3r »

If you install flash player it will update itself with a background service, adobe and omniture will make sure of that, and you may eventually find you dont like what they are doing for you.
You can check if Iron has adopted the plugin by putting this in your address bar...
about:plugins
then press return. Scroll down the list.
I just wish that plugins automatically adopted by Iron could be individually disabled.
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Thanks, what directory are they located in?
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

they = plugins?
Depends who makes the plugin, for flash player once installed its c:\windows\systems32\macromed\flash\
in there you will find NPSWF32.dll which is the plugin, along with its updater, un-installer, an activex file and flashplayerutil

You get flash initially by being linked from a website that needs it, or directly from the macromedia website...
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Before installing it have a read of this thread and its subsequent pages, a lot of information regarding privacy issues using flash and towards the end something else has been found out since adobe bought omniture and will be using ActionSource.....
https://nodpi.org/forum/index.php/topic,1969.0.html
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Thanks, I now understand what adopted means, it uses the plugins already installed. I know where those are.

Thanks again.

w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

Aah yes I should have explained that a bit better, for other people who may also confuse plugins with extensions (which are also known as addons)