New Iron-Version: 4.0.227 Beta

Iron Forum for english speaking people

robert e

Re: New Iron-Version: 4.0.227 Beta

Post by robert e »

Thank you.

After a week or two of daily use, I feel Iron v4.0.227.0 (30207) is more stable than v3, and not much slower (Windows Vista on Core2 Duo 2GHz w/ 2GB RAM).

Two serious issues:

1) Though less frequent, the crashes continue where while waiting for a page load the UI stops responding one feature at a time (first links and drop-downs, then a moment later scroll bars, then keyboard response). When Iron is closed on these occasions, it leaves processes running in memory, at least one of which cannot be shut down with Windows Task Manager. When restarted, Iron may or may not be able to access the internet, and then I must restart the machine to use the web.

2) Was stuck in a loop with Gmail where Gmail kept automatically signing me out "for security", possibly because "this browser was recently used to sign into a different account" (not true). Clearing browsing data solved this, but took several minutes.
w33d3r

Post by w33d3r »

Are you aware of this problem.......
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issue ... l?id=29914
istvan.kohany

Post by istvan.kohany »

Hi y'all.

Any chances for an upgrade? This beta is unable to download extensions from Google's official page, sadly.
RpR

Post by RpR »

Just change the UA.ini as posted earlier and it will work
robert e

Post by robert e »

The problem with Gmail signing me out happened several times during the first week with Iron v4, but hasn't happened since. Each time, I had to clear browsing data to be able to sign into Gmail again.
robert e wrote: 2) Was stuck in a loop with Gmail where Gmail kept automatically signing me out "for security", possibly because "this browser was recently used to sign into a different account" (not true). Clearing browsing data solved this, but took several minutes.
ConnectedTraveler

Post by ConnectedTraveler »

This user string below doesn't cut it. Can someone post the specific user string that fools google for extensions? I would really appreciate it, Thanks.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Iron/4.0.227.0 Chrome/4.0.249.43 Safari/532.3

I also think this would be a great feature if the user strings could be changed on the fly/per site so to speak for site compatability issues.
RpR

Post by RpR »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.249.25 Safari/532.5
ConnectedTraveler

Post by ConnectedTraveler »

I finally got this right or so I thought. Google sees the correct user agent and allows the extension to be downloaded but I get this

"Extension Install Failure"
Required value 'default_title' is missing or invalid.

Any ideas?

I was able to download lastpass directly from them no problem. I just want something that selectively stops flash from loading with a user buildable white list.