Thanks!! & Requests for the final v4

Iron Forum for english speaking people

alloy-j

Thanks!! & Requests for the final v4

Post by alloy-j »

I tried the first English Iron a year ago, and the other builds too. Since v3.0.179 I've been using your much better brand of Chromium consistently. Lately I'm using it more than Opera. Thank You for putting SRWare Iron out there for us to use.
When v4 gets finalized will the clear browser data button be quicker to get to? In the current 4.0.227b you have to click the wrench, then Options and Personal Stuff to get to the button. I can just use Incognito, but the shortcut on my desktop is hard to ignore. In the Win7 taskbar jump-list for this build there's a button for Incognito mode, nicely done. I'm not able to drag it or make a shortcut to Incognito mode though. Are these things possible?
I agree this build is slower than the last on my rig, but it's a beta and I hope the final will fix that.
SRWare Iron beta's are still much faster than my other browsers. Keep it up and there will only be the default ones and Iron on my rig!

Encore!
bksening

Re: Thanks!! & Requests for the final v4

Post by bksening »

The keyboard shortcut for Clear Browsing Data is Ctrl+Shift+Del

Also, if you want to start in Incognito Mode all the time, just edit the Iron shortcut and add --incognito at the end.
alloy-j

Post by alloy-j »

Appreciate the keyboard tip bksening , that's simple. I don't use it all the time but I'll play with adding that to the target and see.
bksening

Post by bksening »

Or you can just make 2 shortcuts, one for Iron regular, and one for Iron incognito.
alloy-j

Post by alloy-j »

Hey bksening
I just updated CCleaner and actually installed it on C instead of using the portable one. I found the thread here concerning that and it works like a charm. So armed with the 3-key trick and the CClean mod I can completely `noid-out if I want to. Now when Iron v4 is as fast or faster than v3.0.179 at rendering pages I'll be one happy @^&%er.