Defult Browser Problem

Iron Forum for english speaking people

topoftheworld11

Defult Browser Problem

Post by topoftheworld11 »

So, I am wondering if anyone can help. When I try and make Iron my defult browser for what ever reason it continues to stay as IE. I remember having this problem with chrome before, something with the registry was wrong. Anyone know how to fix?
DaveIron

Re: Defult Browser Problem

Post by DaveIron »

I have had a similar problem when I tried to make Iron my default browser. However, when I clicked Make SRWare Iron my default browser in 'Options' - 'Basics' it kept putting Opera as my default browser instead! :o
GURVIN1

Post by GURVIN1 »

Same problem. i make iron my default browser from the options but it does NOT become the default browser.
bksening

Post by bksening »

It's probably because the Iron executable is still called chrome.exe, which is probably causing some confusion in the registry. The executable file needs to be renamed to something else; it cannot stay as "chrome.exe".

Renaming it will remove all confusion. Also that will provide an *absolutely necessary* distinction in the Task Manager to different Google Chrome chrome.exe from Iron processes.

Perhaps use iron.exe or srwiron.exe?
bksening

Post by bksening »

Actually, that may not be the case...... it looks like Iron's executable is already called "iron.exe"