Aplications cant open Iron

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Espantallo

Aplications cant open Iron

Post by Espantallo »

When i push a button on the programs for update and when a program need open iron my Iron dont open.

Anybody may help me?

Iron is my default browser.

Sorry for my english i am spanish.
pepe0001

Re: Applications can't open Iron

Post by pepe0001 »

I'm having the same issue with version 32.x.

Links from emails and other applications that normally open the default browser are opening Iron or opening a new tab. Any workaround?
Txrenegaderebel

Re: Aplications cant open Iron

Post by Txrenegaderebel »

I have the same problem. Since I upgraded to the newest version, clicking on any hyperlink or buttons like in Outlook will not open a browser window like it used to. I went through and made sure Iron is set as default browser and a bunch of other things. I happened to have an old installation file for iron (release: 29:1600:1:0) I uninstalled the newest version and installed this one. I was able to click on links and other buttons and it would open as it should. This version however would not save my passwords like it used too, so i upgraded to the newest version again and now I'm back to no browser opening when clicking on hyperlinks. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this feature back?
Hermitman

Post by Hermitman »

Bump! I got the exact same problem. If someone sends me a link on Skype chrome wont open it.
Other browsers works fine.
Softlinksys

Post by Softlinksys »

I have a similar problem since upgrading to the latest version from V25. If I click any .htm or .html link Iron does not open. Nothing happens at all. Even the the activation link for this forum wouldn't open. I had to copy and paste the link into to the address bar in the Browser. Iron will have to go unless I can get this resolved!
laf0rce

Post by laf0rce »

Bumping with hopes that this will be fixed.

I've had this issue for about a year with no true fix. I had a hunch it was due to an update but it took me forever to find this thread.

Like the previous post, Iron's going in the trash unless there's a fix; as this is a very hindering glitch.
MJ5150

Post by MJ5150 »

I am on Iron 36.0.1950 now, but this is still an issue. When I click on a hyperlink in Outlook, nothing happens. I downloaded Comodo Dragon and set that as my default browser. When I click on Outlook hyperlinks, they open in Dragon. The issue appears to me to be related to Iron.

Is this something that cab be fixed in Iron?

-Mike