NO MORE CHROME EXTENSIONS!

Iron Forum for english speaking people

leenie

NO MORE CHROME EXTENSIONS!

Post by leenie »

2014-06-22-182327_1280x1024_scrot.png
Google Chrome has blocked the use of their extensions on SRWare Iron (like they OWN Adblock Plus!).
I need step by step instructions to use adblock.ini of the SRWare Iron Browser. I also need to know how to update the list.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
taltamir

Re: NO MORE CHROME EXTENSIONS!

Post by taltamir »

leenie wrote:I need step by step instructions to use adblock.ini of the SRWare Iron Browser. I also need to know how to update the list.
Step one: Downgrade to an older version of iron
Step two: Don't update until they solved this issue by modifying the source code to allow extensions again
jackscagnetti1

Post by jackscagnetti1 »

taltamir wrote:
leenie wrote:I need step by step instructions to use adblock.ini of the SRWare Iron Browser. I also need to know how to update the list.
Step two: Don't update until they solved this issue by modifying the source code to allow extensions again

how do u downgrade? i can't print with out missing text from all my documents..
taltamir

Post by taltamir »

jackscagnetti1 wrote:
taltamir wrote:

how do u downgrade? i can't print with out missing text from all my documents..
google for SRWare iron 34
bugman

Post by bugman »

I'm using an older version (34) and it shows me the "Your Chrome version is not supported by the Web Store. Download the latest Google Chrome" as well.
jackscagnetti1

Post by jackscagnetti1 »

for anyone that wants a prior version

http://srware-iron.software.informer.com/download/

also put a text file in C:\Program Files\SRWare Iron

Put Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2049.0 Safari/537.36 inside of it and rename it to UA.ini

or what ever the latest chrome version is. This above is version 37
taltamir

Post by taltamir »

bugman wrote:I'm using an older version (34) and it shows me the "Your Chrome version is not supported by the Web Store. Download the latest Google Chrome" as well.
did you check the "developer mode" button in the extension menu?
earl

Post by earl »

just go to the adblockplus site & install it

https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

Signon to Iron first to be sure the change will stick. Otherwise after the next startup you will wonder
where it went.

DO NOT ATTEMPT to install from the Chrome/Iron extension option.
that site has a hacked version that will install Conduit and a bunch of other crap.

https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic ... 10&t=23678

That just happened to me today. A System Restore was the fast & easy way to remove it.

I'm going to avoid Iron & Chrome for the forseeable future. Ultramon has a problem with those browsers as well.
It will only add the move screen buttons if Aero is enabled. Aero is a pig.
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

I stopped updating Iron at Version 30.0.1650.0 (230000). Too damned many things started showing up that were there up to V30, then it seems every release after had more and more things go away.
Nothing against the Iron Developers, they just use the code that underlies the chromium browsers. Not their fault that Google is butthole about things.
JustMe

Post by JustMe »

jackscagnetti1 wrote:for anyone that wants a prior version

http://srware-iron.software.informer.com/download/

There is also this link for prior versions http://sourceforge.net/projects/srwarei ... ror/files/

also put a text file in C:\Program Files\SRWare Iron

Put Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2049.0 Safari/537.36 inside of it and rename it to UA.ini

or what ever the latest chrome version is. This above is version 37

The following worked for me, on Windows 8.1 32 bits: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Iron/35.0.1900.0 Chrome/35.0.1900.0 Safari/537.36

Thanks for your help, jackscagnetti1 :)