Portable version shouldn't be affected by working directory.

Iron Forum for english speaking people

jackieku

Portable version shouldn't be affected by working directory.

Post by jackieku »

Hello,

I noticed the portable Iron always use the profile from the working directory, but this really causes problems in some situations. It should always use the profile in the directory the same with the executable, isn't it?
firksydiscus

Re: Portable version shouldn't be affected by working directory.

Post by firksydiscus »

Hi,

If I've understood you correctly I think I am having a similar problem. Iron Portable uses the correct profile folder (the one in the portable app folder) when run normally, but if it is launched by Windows for example (ie if you set it as default browser and Iron is launched after clicking on a link) then it seems to ignore your profile folder. This doesn't affect your profile folder but it did make me panic the first time it happened when I thought all my bookmarks were gone!

The other instance I have seen this happen is if you launch IronPortable from the Vista Quicklaunch side bar widget, but I guess that isn't so common.

I have no idea why this happens - anyone have any thoughts?

C
jackieku

Post by jackieku »

I created a alternative wrapper program which can replace original IronPortable.exe. I haven't checked the sources of original one but it seems worked.
Anyone interesting with it can download it from
http://jackieku.hp.infoseek.co.jp/downl ... ortable.7z (~80KB)

The sources (in C, about only 20 lines) are also included in the archive.
Derek

Post by Derek »

Hi Jackieku,

Your wrapper is much appreciated! :) I ran into a situation with Iron Portable where URL shortcuts on the desktop and URLs contained in emails (Thunderbird is my email client) always opened in an Iron Portable window without loading my profile (bookmarks, history etc etc). Using your wrapper in combination with editing the file type "URL: HyperText Transfer Protocol" resolved my problem:

This was how the Open action looked before:
"C:\Program Files\IronPortable\Iron\Iron.exe" -- "%1"

I configured this to my taste:
"C:\Program Files\IronPortable\IronPortable.exe" --enable-user-scripts --disable-popup-blocking "%1"

Thanks!