New Iron-Version: 35.0.1900.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

jaderoyale

Re: New Iron-Version: 35.0.1900.0 Stable for Windows

Post by jaderoyale »

I have been using the new version for about a week. It is still not working and playing well with Flash but other then that I don't really have any issues with functionality. My big issue is purely aesthetic. This absolutely drives me mad!!!! Please tell me how to fix it. Did I say that this absolutely drives me completely mad?!!!! I mean I really, really hate it.
Please look here: :arrow: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqaxykfsfpchi ... 20iron.png
Pepix3

Post by Pepix3 »

only 8 previews is a deal breaker.

For now I stick with version 30.

Also the apps menu and last opened were better, but I understand they are from chromium, but 12 previews were implemented by Iron so I hope you will return it.
thanks
RazerAnansi

Post by RazerAnansi »

gregm wrote:All my extensions seem to have been deleted with the installation of V35 on top of V34. Good thing I have full backups of my V34 setup. Rolled back and all my extensions are back. Will retry again in a couple of days, waiting to see what others report.
gregm did you get this figured out yet. I had similar issue using portable. Before when I went to upgrade versions and would like copy/paste/replace the profile folder. This time went I did that going from 34 to 35 none of my extensions transferred over including my FVD Speed Dial and theme wasn't there either. ? What is going on ?
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Q6600
Asus P5N-D
4GB-OCZ-DDR2
XFX R9 270X
kotton

Post by kotton »

I confirm problems with extensions - it has to have something to do with source path. I downloaded the newest version on my desktop, configured it and everything was working fine (no problems with flash v13). After that I moved the Iron folder.. and problems started. Extensions disappeared - I checked the extensions folder and there was only 3 directories.. most of ext were gone. After that I downloaded it again, configured, moved from desktop to another directory. Extensions disappeared of course, but this time Iron hasn't seen them, although they were in the folder.. Moving the folder back to desktop doesn't change anything - once I moved it, the extensions are gone. That not really what I expect from portable app:)
Ferric Oxide

Post by Ferric Oxide »

Flash player 14.0.0.125 released 6/10/2014 seems to work much better with Iron 35.0.1900.0.
A.Fenris

SWEET ! ! New Iron-Version: 35.0.1900.0 Stable for Windows

Post by A.Fenris »

hello, all:

never having tried google-chrome, i was a little hesitant to start my "generation 2" browsing experience with iron-chrome - straight out of the box.. my advice: don't hesitate.

srware iron v35.0.1900.0 works as smooth as glass and has already solved several browsing issues and reconnected me with a lost email account, which no longer supports IE v8, plus allowed me to regain my sanity through AdblockPlus.. i'm 100% satisfied with iron-chrome and probably will not even need to install the google product.

keep up the good work and you'll have another long term user. :ironvschrome

one final comment: wikipedia has a list of practically every browser known and yet srware iron is hardly ever mentioned.. mr.agent, why not visit the pages at "comparison of web browsers" and edit wherever and whatever would be relevant to iron-chrome.. they list google-chrome about a thousand times ; it would only be fair that srware gets the same free promotional exposure.

see ya' on the forum,
~daniel~
san francisco, ca
(browser history: mosaic, netscape, aol, ie, ybrowser (yahoo), ie, iron, .....)
Intel D845PESV / Win XP SP3 / 2GB DDR333 / P4 2.4 GHz / ATI 9700 AGP
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

UPDATE 1 :
12 Preview Thumbs are back! Just redownload the file!
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
metronom

Post by metronom »

Glad to see new release, but:

1) I updated my previous version (34.1850.0) & now i see this (1.png). Scrolling, are you kidding me?;
2) In raw portable 35.0.1900.0 all is OK (2.png), BUT
3) Can't you just MAKE LIKE IT WAS in 31.0.1700.0 (3.png) & earlyer?! After almost 7 months you realised that new Chrome thumbs are ugly & uncomfortable. Why so long?! Guys, please, fix it & make it in previous usable style.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
metronom

Post by metronom »

UPD: 4 URL's from apps still don't work, fix it too
ironmarty

Post by ironmarty »

wmcj wrote:
ironmarty wrote:[...]
how to use this ua.ini to watch in 720p.
i use iron and can't watch in YT in 720p. only 360p appears, even using youtube center.
what should I do to fix this?
For example:
if you put this line in your UA.ini file (located where chrome.exe/iron.exe is,if not create it):

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
visited sites will recognize your browser as firefox
google "user agent strings" for more.

-----------
jaderoyale wrote:I have been using the new version for about a week. It is still not working and playing well with Flash but other then that I don't really have any issues with functionality. My big issue is purely aesthetic. This absolutely drives me mad!!!! Please tell me how to fix it. Did I say that this absolutely drives me completely mad?!!!! I mean I really, really hate it.
Please look here: :arrow: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqaxykfsfpchi ... 20iron.png
Type 'about:flags' in address bar, locate and 'disable' - 'Enable Instant Extended API'