New Iron-Version: 34.0.1850.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

whileloop

Re: New Iron-Version: 34.0.1850.0 Stable for Windows

Post by whileloop »

IronPortable.exe truncate command line string to shorter than 255 chars.
I guess this the maximum of filename/path length, not command line string length.
According to this page, command line string can contain 2047 chars for windows.
whileloop

Post by whileloop »

Please ignore my previous post.
IronPortable.exe pass only the first 4 command line arguments to chrome.exe, everything beyond are discarded.

Would you please fix this bug?
mister.marmot

Post by mister.marmot »

I was having constant crashes with Flash 13 and tracked it down to HTTPS Everywhere extension. (Disconnect works fine)

But the problem with Flash 13 is invisible audio advertisements, pop-unders, commercials that can't be blocked on most sites by a combo of Ghostery, AdBlock AdBlockPlus, and Disconnect that became intolerable. Adobe has opened up security holes for the advertisers that AdBlockers on Chromium can't adapt to.

I went back to Flash stable 11.7 and ALL those problems disappear :D but I was still getting Flash crashes on Iron 34 but not in PaleMoon or Firefox.

Again, most all the crashes stop when I turned off HTTPS Everywhere.

Shame that. I'll just have to watch the lock on the address bar before I log in anywhere and flip HTTPS Everywhere on if the lock is missing.

There is no way I'm using Flash 13. Hopefully (but I doubt it) Flash 14 will close some security holes otherwise stuck at Flash 11.7 till they do something to make me leave it.

:ironvschrome
mister.marmot

Post by mister.marmot »

I did end up having a crash related to Flash, Iron 34 and Disconnect.

Disconnect is blocking vk.com automatically even though a lot of videos are streaming from that European FB-like site. Make sure Disconnect is not blocking vk.com and the crash stops.
monomer888

Post by monomer888 »

bugman wrote:Does anyone else get strange errors when clicking on a character here ? http://www.fallingskies.com/discover/characters

Doing this for me is causing the page to go crazy. Never seen anything like it.
This is probably not an Iron issue. I'm not sure if you are using an adblocker, but this happened for me when I went to the site with the Adguard extension enabled. Disabling the adblocker for that site made it behave.
basic

Post by basic »

Latest SRWare Iron can't applying defined arguments in Windows 8.1 launching from pinned taskbar.

for example, I defined this

Code: Select all

--ppapi-flash-path="C:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron\pepflashplayer.dll"[code]
but this loaded like page file...
[code]http://--ppapi-flash-path%3Dc/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SRWare%20Iron/pepflashplayer.dll
but Administrator mode can applying this argument correctly.

who solve this?
slayerr

Post by slayerr »

browser crashing when browsing facebook on anonymous mode
heinhuiz

Post by heinhuiz »

dph3055 wrote:Just as an observation:

I have used Iron for more than a year. I appreciate the efforts that have gone into to providing a browser devoid of the all the "phone home" activities found in the regular version of Chrome.

The last few Iron releases have been buggy at best or just down right broken at worst. Either the Chrome source code is no longer conducive to porting into Iron or the developers have decided to focus their attentions elsewhere.

I for one am still running a v30 release as every time I attempt to install a newer version, I lose stability and functionality within Iron. I am getting to the point that I just don't install new releases anymore and I am sure I am not the only one. This is a growing problem for the developers and for Iron itself. The long term future of a browser that people are reluctant to upgrade speaks volumes towards to the future longevity of this project.

I would ask the developers to either recommit to Iron and begin to seriously test new releases before the are let loose on the masses or decide that Iron is no longer worth their time and let us know. To continue as we have been with release after release causing more problems than it addresses is nothing less than death by a 1000 cuts. It would be in everyone's best interests to have one final well tested release of Iron and then shelve the project if the time and effort going forward is too much for the developers to commit to.
Amen.

How does SRWare feel about this post? Since there's been no reply, it seems you can't be bothered less, but there's a whole bunch of committed users that's waiting for a stable release.
Guy19550

Post by Guy19550 »

I was very satisfied after problems with Chrome, but with this new version the problems are accumulating :

No longer possible for Bloomberg links
No loger possible for my broker account (sinds yesterday).

The first step is taken, I installed Firefox as second browser as helpbrowser.

It is bad to use Chrome basics !!!

Next step, if no amelioration, is desinstall Iron definitively.
Conundrum

Post by Conundrum »

Too many problems :(
34.0.1850.0 uninstalled.
31.0.1700.0 reinstalled.