Bug report - Back and forward button

Iron Forum for english speaking people

hoxuanduc

Bug report - Back and forward button

Post by hoxuanduc »

Hi,

When I try to go back and forth, I notice the page remain the same. When I click and hold the left button so the history is dropped down, I notice 3 instances of each address (i.e., looks like the each URL is stored 3 times in the queu).

Hardware: HP G50 Laptop

Thanks!

Duc
climo

Re: Bug report - Back and forward button

Post by climo »

hoxuanduc wrote:Hi,

When I try to go back and forth, I notice the page remain the same. When I click and hold the left button so the history is dropped down, I notice 3 instances of each address (i.e., looks like the each URL is stored 3 times in the queu).

Hardware: HP G50 Laptop

Thanks!

Duc
New user here....I have the same problem with the back button. Seems to store multiple pages...or adds the same page when you click back? Noticed it does not happen with all web pages...just some. Using latest stable release with win xp on netbook. Also downloaded the newest adblock.ini and seems to work very well.

I'm very impressed with the speed of this browser...lots of positives... :mrgreen:
stmoon

Post by stmoon »

Same problem here. I noticed if I don't use adblock (e.g. adblock.ini is blank) this problem doesn't happen.

- Steve
IronIsHarder

Post by IronIsHarder »

Oh I just got the same problem a min. ago. Also when I disable the adblocker it doesn't happen.
stmoon

Post by stmoon »

(update)
It seems Iron adds one history item on back button per ad removed. For example, if 4 ads are removed, I see 4 history items to go back when I press and hold back button. I'm using Iron version 2.0.178.0 (15300).

-Steve
stmoon

Post by stmoon »

(update 2)
I have observed same behavior with new version 3.0.197.0 (22047).

-Steve
RpR

Post by RpR »

Same problem here. I like Iron because it's as fast as Chrome and has an affective means of blocking ads, but if it renders the back button useless it's a deal breaker :(

Can't we get a word from SRWare on this?
Steerpike

Post by Steerpike »

I am having the exact same problem as well. I love everything else about the browser, but when the back button doesn't work it is a problem.