Post by dasher_the_great »

Youpi wrote:How can we do on Linux ?
same here

pls help
JoeSchmoe

Re: Iron as DefaultBrowser - Tool

Post by JoeSchmoe »

Works on Windows 7 x64.
Just right-click Iron icon, click open File Location and once there, copy DefaultBrowser.exe and in my case it had to overwrite the old one.

Right-click on the new "DefaultBrowser.exe", run as Administrator, and all good. Thanks a lot! :ironvsff :ironvsopera :ironvssafari :ironvschrome :ironvsie
RWM

Post by RWM »

I have read all the available entries in this blog and I have found no way of making SRWARE IRON my default browser. New machine running native Windows 8, previous machine wasn't a problem as Windows 8 adopted the defaults from Windows 7. Please help me assign Internet Explorer to the dung heap.
justclimb

Post by justclimb »

Since 2012 and still isn´t integrated on current versions...

Another reason I unstalled it, as links always opened in Explorer... while I sttled Iron as default.

JUST MAKE IT THE BEST MEN!
zaivala

Post by zaivala »

I still have this problem (Win 8 64 bit). Hope it fixed soon. I have run Sleipnir, which uses the same basic code, and did not have the problem -- however, Iron works much better than Sleipnir in general, so I'm just ignoring the Set Browser request for now. (When I try to set the browser, Win8 wants me to open Infernal Exploder to process the HTML command)
logos88

Post by logos88 »

How can I make this work in Archlinux?
saunatonttu

Post by saunatonttu »

In Linux - you should worry about your default browser, as well as you shoud worry about your favorite action movie. You cannot change either of them, but why the heck... Rambo is cool. :D

Since you know it isn't gonna change - unless you exciplitly tell it to do - the best thing to do is to create a /bin folder in your home directory. Then - since it will most definitely not work - the next thing is to replace the /usr/bin/firefox links, and redirect it to /usr/share/iron/iron

Although, since we're talking about Linux, this will not be working either. So in order to define your preferred browser, you'll have to move "/usr/bin/firefox" into another location, and replace it with a link to your preferred browser. In this case /usr/share/iron/iron.
KuroTenshi

Post by KuroTenshi »

Works perfectly with Windows 7 x64 !!! Thank you. Strange I had to use such a third party tool to make my iron the default browser.

But doesn't work yet with Windows 8 (8.1 in my case). Hope it'll be soon solved ! It's annoying when clicking on a hyperlink in a software does nothing.
mondo-seta

Post by mondo-seta »

Greetings. A humble request. Can you make DefaultBrowser.exe to have silent mode /s. Thanks, it would be great.

Otherwise this works perfectly in W764.
gordon451

Post by gordon451 »

G'day SRWare - you're a bloody genius!!! :D

You've solved how to get apps into {Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs} 8-) :ugeek:

Now, all we need is some way for users to insert their fave apps (the ones that W7 refuses to see!) into the UI before clicking "GO!"

Keep it up cob, yer blood's worth bottling!

Gordon.