New Iron-Version: 29.0.1600.1 Stable for MacOS

Iron Forum for english speaking people

SRWare
Site Admin

New Iron-Version: 29.0.1600.1 Stable for MacOS

Post by SRWare »

We released the new Iron for MacOS today, which contains all features and updates known from Chromim 29. The current version is 29.0.1600.1.

Main improvements:
- new rendering engine "Blink"
- Rich Notifications
- TLS 1.2 Support
- improved speed + stability
- Security-/Bugfixes

Download:
http://www.srware.net/downloads/iron-mac.zip (OS X 10.7 or greater / Intel)
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
Rene

Re: New Iron-Version: 29.0.1600.1 Stable for MacOS

Post by Rene »

The latest stable crashes on OSX 10.6.8 during startup... Where could i download a previous release?
Rene

Post by Rene »

This version crashes during startup. Is there any fix on the way? If not, would it be possible to download the previous release?

I run OSx 10.6.8
Rene

Post by Rene »

Rene wrote:The latest stable crashes on OSX 10.6.8 during startup... Where could i download a previous release?
Stupid of me... I just noticed that this release is for 10.7.x, and that's why it crashes..
Where can i find the lastest version for 10.6.8? The file that's downloadable has always the same name, so re-downloading it from srware.net will not solve my problem :-(
rsadix

Post by rsadix »

I just recently switched from Iron version 24 to version 29. Version 24 has been very stable. So much so that I haven't even bothered to check for updates. I recently updated to Version 29. For the most part its ok, but frequently when I go to shutdown my mac (OSX 10.8.5) Iron will refuse to close and I have to force quit. And then of course on restart iron tells me it didn't shut down properly and I have the option to restore or cancel.

Not huge, but noticeable. I'll be watching out for Version 30 in hopes of improved stability. If it becomes painful, I might switch back to Version 24. I also downloaded Version 27 along the way. Might give that a shot as well.
StatenJM

Post by StatenJM »

I am assuming this is a bug, because it is disruptive in its display and so I'm hoping it is not just a change in feature. But when typing into the address bar the white drop-down box that shows suggested results, instead of being directly below the address bar and so that you can see your bookmarks bar on each side of it has now changed to a big white box that drops down across the whole width of the screen, thus blocking the view of the bookmarks bar and half the entire window.

Please tell me its a bug...
StatenJM

Post by StatenJM »

Second bug found with V29.0.1600.1
Every so often the trackpad two-finger scroll stops working (Only for Iron, no other program is affected). I can temporarily fix this by exiting Iron and going back into it, but doesn't last very long. If I highlight text so that the scrollbar appears I can quickly grab it to scroll, but two-finger scroll remains inoperable even after doing this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Macbook Pro 2009
OS X 10.9
wolfjang

Post by wolfjang »

This latest release of IRON works fine on my MacBook, thanks a lot to the programmers :)

Following an upgrade of my OS to "Mavericks" and the first start of IRON on this new MAC-OS I immediately received a pop-up from my OS asking:
" allow IRON access to your contacts ? " :o

I am impressed: Iron obviously wants to get access to my contacts... WHY THIS ??? :shock:

Is it IRON itself ? Or could it be caused one of my extensions???
I have Adblock, SpeedDial and Smooth Gestures installed...

Thanks for help,
Wolfjang
flexx

Post by flexx »

Where is Iron 30.0.1650.0 for MAC OS?
ironworld

Post by ironworld »

Just joined to say it works perfectly for me on OS X 10.9