New Iron-Version: 29.0.1600.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Alpina

Re: New Iron-Version: 29.0.1600.0 Stable for Windows

Post by Alpina »

Restarted the comp, tried again. Youtube videos now are playing in version 29, with occasional stuttering. It's weird actually. It seems like with the old 21 version the processor load is just as high but less jagged or something. Could it be that in the newer versions peak processor loads are higher and that's when the video gets stuck? Just my guess. Mine is an old computer, but with 2gb of RAM and 2.8ghz processor, should be plenty for playing videos, oder?
demoneye

Post by demoneye »

new iron crash x-notifier add on ....

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... opfoepleco

cheers :D
demoneye

Post by demoneye »

new iron 29 crash x-notifier addon

Code: Select all

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/x-notifier-for-gmailhotma/cdfjbkbddpfnoplfhceolpopfoepleco

hope it fixes soon:)
bedoncity

Post by bedoncity »

vcrpro wrote:On a fresh, non-portable installation, this still has the problem "Class not registered," at least for Windows 8, 64-bit. This is the only Chromium-based browser for which the problem persists, as [Opera, Comodo Dragon, Chrome, CoolNovo...] have overcome it completely. So folks, kindly get the job done. And please, please do not direct me to various non-solutions suggested elsewhere in the forums unless it actually worked for you on W8.
Confirmed on Windows 8 x86 installed version T_T
vmq6695 wrote:Thanks, SRWare.

Iron 29.0.1600.0 produces [..] 'Aw, snap' crashes[...]

I cannot remember an 'Aw, snap' crash using Iron 26, Iron 27, or Iron 28.
Confirmed as well :S
French guy here, so excuse me if I make some mistakes!
Temma

Post by Temma »

ivanrodr wrote:Image
Many errors in Youtube :(
Same thing here:

Number99

Post by Number99 »

slayerr wrote:Tab always crashing when reading e-mails (gmail). Happens the same without extensions.
Sem título.png
Confirmed here as well...
Number99

Post by Number99 »

slayerr wrote:Tab always crashing when reading e-mails (gmail). Happens the same without extensions.
Sem título.png
Confirmed here as well...
slayerr

Post by slayerr »

This version is unusable. :? Going back to v28.
Another wierd thing: There's no button to listen the pronunciation on Google Translate when I'm using Iron, works fine on G.Chrome tho.
vmq6695

Post by vmq6695 »

SRWare wrote:We released the new Iron 29 today, which contains all features and updates known from Chromium 29. The current version is 29.0.1600.0.

Main improvements:
- improved speed + stability
- TLS 1.2 Support
- Security-/Bugfixes
I've rolled back to Iron v. 28.0.1550.1.

Improved stability of Iron 20.0.1600.0 is sad failure.

Browse webmail service, such as Gmail, and Iron crashes repeatedly ('Aw, Snaps!' error). Reading web e-mail with Iron (on my Win 7 x64 machine) is not practical.

Browsing of live-updating blogs, such as hosted by mainstream news media (my tests included live news blog hosted by http://www.theguardian.co.uk) also fails with repeated crashes.

Is Transport Layer Security 1.2 important any more? Only stops non-USA cheaters, liars, and thieves?!

If we accept revelations of Edward Snowden, USA NSA has had access to Secure Socket Layer keys of Google, Microsoft, Apple and other US-based corporates for months, if not years.

With SSL keys and massive computing power, USA NSA likely can penetrate any generation of TLS, from any server. Hard to believe minions of Great Satan can resist fulfilling their mission of making cyberspace a panopticon with all corners open to inspection by USA government operatives, USA corporates, and cheaters, liars, and thieves integral to USA version of capitalism.

Hard to maintain confidence in anything related to a USA-based corporate. Includes Iron.

SRWare has worked hard up to now to remove routines, embedded in Chrome source code, reporting all browsing behaviour to USA NSA via Google.

Now USA NSA compromise of SSL TLS is known, question is whether any non-USA corporate has will and capacity to invent protocol for securing data transmission that cannot be penetrated by USA and its Anglophone subsidiaries (so-called 'Five Eyes' - note that name indicates that each partner is one-eyed).
Jerr39

Post by Jerr39 »

I can confirm that Iron 29 gives me the 'aw snap' crash too whenever I am in Gmail or even Youtube. The browser renders most, if not all, of the webpage before it crashes. In fact, I needed to choose "Basic HTML" in Gmail to avoid the crash. I am not sure if it is flash related or if there is another problem. I'm not disappointed though. Iron 28 has been the most stable version for me since version 23 or 24. I would love to test Iron 29 out, but I need a dependable browser to use right now, and I like Iron so much that I chose it for my main browser, so I reverted back to Iron 28 for now.

Flash Version: 11.8.800.94