Favicons are not displayed in the bookmark bar

Iron Forum for english speaking people

wareirondroid

Favicons are not displayed in the bookmark bar

Post by wareirondroid »

I've just updated to the latest version of SRWare Iron browser [Version 28.0.1550.1 (210100)]. Soon after installing the updated version favicons of the bookmarked website in bookmark bar gone missing. I have visited each and every website i bookmarked hoping that it will fix the problem, but still i can not see any favicon in the bookmark bar. I am using windows 7 64 bit. How to fix this problem ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mapx

Re: Favicons are not displayed in the bookmark bar

Post by mapx »

Windows: delete or rename the Favicons file located at
C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default

If you relaunch iron and try to click on a bookmark, the favicon should reappear after the page has finished loading.
wareirondroid

Post by wareirondroid »

It worked. Thank you.
markaz

Post by markaz »

Welcome to the world of updates. I did the same thing when I was using version 22.0.1250.0 then updated and lost all favicons. Had you backed up by copying the Chromium folder before you updated, then you could have deleted the updated chromium and pasted in the old one. Updates will sometimes change the settings in the User Profile and you can't go back because no-one has shown which settings change. I was forced to reinstall the version I was happiest with and repopulate all my bookmarks just to get the icons back. I would advise you keep the version you now have, copy the bookmarks.bak file and then manually visit those sites to get your favicons back. What you're describing has happened to a lot of people and no answers from the Iron people to fix it because it is a BIG problem.