Can only run Iron once after installing

Iron Forum for english speaking people

doveman

Can only run Iron once after installing

Post by doveman »

I'm having a weird problem where if I do a clean install of Iron, it runs normally but after that if I close it and restart, it no longer works, can't open any pages, not even settings.

What's even weirder is that if I run it in Sandboxie (the Sandbox folder is located on my RAMDisk R:) then it works fine.

I also have the same problem with Iron Portable (installed to D:\Portable Apps\Iron Portable), although if I back that up to Iron Portable2 and install a fresh copy, that continues to work after closing and re-opening it. In fact, once moved to Iron Portable2 the original install seems to be working OK now.

After deleting the new Iron Portable and renaming Iron Portable2 back to Iron Portable, it works OK again now, so I have no idea what was going on there. The normal Iron install on C: still only works in the Sandbox though.
mapx

Re: Can only run Iron once after installing

Post by mapx »

try a new profile
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/142059?hl=en

where
Google\Chrome\User Data

must be replaced by
Chromium\User Data
doveman

Re: Can only run Iron once after installing

Post by doveman »

Thanks but it turned out I just needed to reboot for whatever reason.

I found that it worked fine if I ran the .exe directly from the install folder but not if I used the desktop or start menu shortcuts but it was probably caused by something other than Iron itself.