Problem with rolling back to previous version

Iron Forum for english speaking people

markaz

Problem with rolling back to previous version

Post by markaz »

Win 7 64 bit.
Been using Iron Version 22.0.1250.0 (160000) for some time and decided to 'upgrade' to latest stable version. Did so and many bugs appeared. Thumbnail views on YouTube not visible, avatars not visible and when clicking the 'show more' comments it is unresponsive. Also, Favicons on the bookmark toolbar are gone and only the default icon will appear (even after clicking on it). Did a SysRestore back to Version 22.0.1250.0 and get the message "Your profile cannot be used because it is from a newer version of Iron.........." Because of this I still have the same bugs as with the latest version. Ideas?
mapx

Re: Problem with rolling back to previous version

Post by mapx »

keep your iron version (22) and create a new profile
http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/an ... wer=142059
where the path for iron is:
Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Chromium\User Data\

you could also install iron 25 (a good version)
http://www.srware.net/downloads/old/srware_iron_25.exe
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

mapx> that is good advice as far as it goes.
Installing V25, and using the existing profile(s) will STILL result in the profile error message!
I know! I've been there, done that!>>>>> See my post(s) regarding this in the V 26 main thread.

What this user needs is to know WHAT THE HELL chromium V26 does to a profile to make it that way, and HOW IT CAN BE UNDONE!

A lesson is to be learned from this!
BACK UP YOUR PROFILES BEFORE UPDATING TO THE NEXT OR LATEST VERSION!

I don't have the time nor patience to walk this user through the process of 're-making' his profile(s) so they work with versions prior to V 26, or I would.

Iron devs NEED to address this! It is a pain in the ass having to go backward and then finding profile usage problems.
mapx

Post by mapx »

to be clear (for markaz):

renaming (deleting) the (old) profile, iron will create a new one
you can save your bookmarks from the old profile and transfer in the new one (bookmarks, bookmarks.bak)
also you can try to save login data files and use with the new profile (for your passwords)
inline

Post by inline »

markaz wrote: and get the message "Your profile cannot be used because it is from a newer version of Iron.........."
http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... =10#p18687
markaz

Post by markaz »

Thanks to both for the replies.

Didn't want to risk the "upgrade" and losing anything so I did copy Bookmarks and the .bak file. Renamed to Default Profile, pasted the Bookmarks and .bak and restarted. Interestingly, all the bookmarks that I imported from Firefox were present, but all newer were missing. Dunno. Everything else works OK so I'll just go with it and repopulate as I go.

Thanks again for the replies. At least I can use the bookmarks toolbar again.

Mark
markaz

Post by markaz »

Did a backup of the Bookmarks and .bak file. Renamed to Default Backup and pasted the Bookmarks and .bak files to the Default Backup folder. Unfortunately, only those bookmarks that I had originally imported some time ago showed. For whatever reason, no bookmarks since the import showed. Everything else works fine so I'll just repopulate as I go. Just wish there weren't so many issues with an Iron upgrade. Love the browser.

Can't thank you enough for the replies. At least that annoying window doesn't popup any longer.
h3wk1

Post by h3wk1 »

markaz wrote:Win 7 64 bit.
Been using Iron Version 22.0.1250.0 (160000) for some time and decided to 'upgrade' to latest stable version. Did so and many bugs appeared. Thumbnail views on YouTube not visible, avatars not visible and when clicking the 'show more' comments it is unresponsive. Also, Favicons on the bookmark toolbar are gone and only the default icon will appear (even after clicking on it). Did a SysRestore back to Version 22.0.1250.0 and get the message "Your profile cannot be used because it is from a newer version of Iron.........." Because of this I still have the same bugs as with the latest version. Ideas?
I had the same problem version 22.0.1250.0 was great in chrome and Iron I could use Mcafee Site advisor and could see highlighted previews
when I did searches with >> signs this new version is terrible and I Lost all my Bookmarks and Barmarks oh well
Markaz .. I Guess were screwed big time and i,m not very happy with iron anymore!!
AND it sure isn't the Browser of the Future anymore.. :| :shock: