Iron as DefaultBrowser - Tool

Iron Forum for english speaking people

robertcollier4

Re: Iron as DefaultBrowser - Tool

Post by robertcollier4 »

eddiebelfast

Post by eddiebelfast »

I downloaded and installed the latest version of Iron and found that I wasn't able to make it the default browser. I then looked in the folder and the "make default" application was there. I clicked on the application and now have default browser working.
Youpi

Post by Youpi »

How can we do on Linux ?
phaeton

Post by phaeton »

I'm having problem in Mac OSX Mountain Lion. I'm no longer able to click on a link in Mac Mail 6.2 and open
Iron. The mail error messages says there is no application associated. When I set the default browser
to Safari, then clicking the link does open Safari. But setting the default browser back to SRW returns
the same error when trying to open a URL in email. If SRW is already open, then clicking the link in email
will take you to the correct URL. It just won't open SRW. This is not a life or death situation but rather
an annoyance. I've tried to reset the system's launch services using:

$ /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

but I still can't open SRW by clicking an email link.

Please email me at phaeton@neo.rr.com if anyone can find me some help for Mac OSX 10.8.2 64 bit on Intel and this newest version of SRW
tlwsyf

Post by tlwsyf »

If you are using Windows 8 and couldn't set SRWare as default browser; follow these steps.

1- Uninstall your SRWare Iron.
2- Go to Run > regedit and press enter.
3- Delete all Chromium and ChromiumHTM resources. (HKCR) and (HKCU > Software > Classes) and (HKLM > Software > Classes) and others.
4- Run srware_iron.exe as administrator, finish installing but don't launch SRWare.
5- Download this tool and run as administrator in the SRWare Iron folder.
6- Run iron.exe as administrator and go to Settings > Default Browser and set default. (Select Chromium in new pop-up)

Now your SRWare Iron has probably default. However, probably you will get this message "Class not registered"

You can fix this problem such;

1- Go to Run > regedit and press enter.
2- Find "HKCR > Chromium > .exe > shell > open > command" and delete delegate execute. (Don't delete C:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron\Iron.exe!!!)
3- Do same steps (delete delegate execute) in other directories ( (HKCU > Software > Classes) and (HKLM > Software > Classes) ) etc.

Hope that helps. Thanks :)
formidible

Post by formidible »

Why is this problem not fixed? Even in the latest version (9th april '13) the tool still doesn't work in Windows 8. It says "Go" and "done!" but still IE is the default browser, not Iron. When I try to change the default from within Iron settings page I get a Windows pop-up asking to choose default browser but Iron isn't in the list! Please fix this soon as its causing a lot of problems and I am beginning to think of changing back to Chrome. We shouldn't have to be installing a fix just to make Iron the default browser or more complicated regisrty key fixes - most people on here are not experts and will not fiddle about with the registry. Thank you.
evertonmenga

Post by evertonmenga »

and for users that uses linux??? what is the procedure??' now i am using linux mint mate version
mapx

Post by mapx »

evertonmenga wrote:and for users that uses linux??? what is the procedure??' now i am using linux mint mate version
search first the forum
http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 298#p18298
deltabravo

Post by deltabravo »

@tlwsyf

Be careful, your howto is great until improvement are made for windows 8 compatibility. :D
However, in the last part, you said to delete "delegate" in HKCU > Software > Classes... But there is no Chromium and Chromium keys in that folder... :roll: And THIS was my issue not to be able to open links directly in iron!!! :mrgreen:
DefaultBrowser.exe did nothing, all the other stuffs did nothing BUT creating "Chromium" and "ChromiumHTM" exactly as it exists in HKCM > Software > Classes made my day!!! 8-)

Hope this help other users! ;)

Take care!
einepuffn

Post by einepuffn »

yeah ... DOES NOT WORK :cry:

it says in windows 8 that "chromium" is my standart browser but i got this fudgin hell "class not reg" error again and again if i try to pin the shortcut on my taskbar ...

why the hell its so darn hard to fix this ? can nobody handle this ? where are those crackzers hackz0rs n shit ? do something i hate all other browseres inclusive the original chrome !

thanks in advance and greatest hails