How to update to newer versions??

Iron Forum for english speaking people

andy06

How to update to newer versions??

Post by andy06 »

In google chrome, when you click on "about google chrome", it automatically checks for updated versions. But it does not do so in Iron, so how are we meant to upgrade in Iron or check for newer versions? We must manually uninstall/install each time or overwrite?

Is the updating feature going to be added in a future release? Is it already there in this release and I havent figured it out?

Thanks a lot :)

I am currently using the latest version as of today: 2.0.178.0 (15300)
andy06

Re: How to update to newer versions??

Post by andy06 »

*bump*

Can someone pls tell me if it has autp update functionality, I tried looking everywhere. If it doesn't, I'm going to have to uninstall it from a lot of computers because I won't be there to manually update it for the people who I installed it for.

And if the functionality isn't currently available, is there any specific reason why it was removed and will it be put back in v3? Is there a philosophical reason behind not auto-updating? (Choice in user hands?, no dial home auto updater wanted?)

Thanks
DaveIron

Post by DaveIron »

I reckon you have to check this page: http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_news.php
ifezs001

Post by ifezs001 »

I would like to know as well.

This info is important for me as well.

Thanks
andy06

Post by andy06 »

I reckon you have to check this page: http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_news.php
You mean to manually check if there is an update? You mean there is no auto update at all :)?

To be honest, that is quite a deal breaker. I'll stick with Chrome and Chromium and Unchrome it for privacy. I don't actually mind manually having to check for updates, but once I do that, it should auto install and configure. To manually download, install and then set it up/configure it just the way I want every time there is an update is too much work.

Any particular reason this feature was left out? Will it be implemented in a future release soon?
DaveIron

Post by DaveIron »

I don't know. I am new to Iron as well. I don't think it is that much of a problem to manually update if you keep a check on the SRWare homepage. I just wish they would fix the spellchecker! :(