Latest Adblock.ini?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Deshooo

Re: Latest Adblock.ini?

Post by Deshooo »

I just use a HOSTS file

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

Blocks them on all software on your computer at the OS level.

The only inconvenient is that you need to do it manually, but you can subscribe to their newsletter and they tell you when a new version is released.

I highly recommend this approach.
bugman

Post by bugman »

Sorry ironuser, mapx's explanation was what I meant when I said obsolete. I suppose something like deprecated would be a better term since there are no longer any updates to adblock.ini unless you like building your own.
RikkyRicardo wrote:Whats the memory usage with AdBlock Plus ?
According to my Iron browser, "Extension: Adblock Plus" is using 64 MB of RAM (press shift+esc in your browser). It might be different based on how much RAM you have; seeing as I have 8 gigs, I don't really care even though that sounds like way more than the adblock.ini would have used.
mapx

Post by mapx »

inconvenient: blocks all the domain, you can not choose a part to block
also, you can not hide objects, you can not manage the false positives and so on ...
HarryKodder

Post by HarryKodder »

How to make a adblock.ini list??... i mean myself
morski

Post by morski »

To make your own list you have to remove the * from the front and end of each line of the opera 'urlfilter.ini' list. I have just made a test of this using the latest version of the opera 'urlfilter.ini' list then edited it and renamed 'adblock.ini' seems to be working OK so far.

I have uploaded a copy of the list here if anyone would like to try it?
morski

Post by morski »

Actually just put the adblock.ini file on Rapidshare for you here as that other site I used seems to want you to register to get the file.
vagosss

Post by vagosss »

Thanks for that, morski. ;)
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

If you insist on the adblock.ini and want the Opera version, somewhere in these forums there is a Windows script(vbs or js or both) that will download the latest version from Fanboy's server, strip out the Opera formatting, and write it to your Iron install folder. IIRC it also will let you make a file adding your own things to the end of it.
I won't do the search for you, as it was a year or more back that it was posted here in the English forum(s).
If I still had it, I would offer it to you(via private message) but I can't find it.

Search on adblock.zip, adblock.ini, adblock script, or what ever it takes if you want to go through that trouble.
EDIT>>>> You may want to search on ilboso or ironfan as users for the scripts.

Personally, I would stick with the empty adblock.ini file, and install the extension. But then that's me.
I use the AdbblockPlus extension without problems, and use 2 lists(fanboys and easy list).

EDIT>> IF f you find a script, you will know it is the Opera conversion one if it specifies the fanboy opera page in the first part of the script.

BTW, your second link to Rapidshare doesn't work.
You can 'upload' attachments to one of your posts here. Look at the bottom of the compose(or edit) page. There is a tab for the upload.
Last edited by ironuser on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
morski

Post by morski »

Forget the rapidshare links I posted above, for some reason everything I post there is being marked as private, the speedyshare links I've posted do work, you have to click on filename next to the yellow arrow at the top of the page to get the download. So the adblock.ini file with the tracking list added is here

Sorry for any inconvenience :(
BTW does every post here have to be approved by a moderator? I would have just edited the post above but as I'm waiting for everything to be approved I couldn't.
robertcollier4

Post by robertcollier4 »

Opera urlfilter.ini is available here:
http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/opera/

Here is a VBScript to make the changes from Opera urlfilter.ini to Iron adblock.ini
http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 1950#p6720

Here is the Updated 24 Jan 2013 Fanboy Main List with Stat/Tracking Sites converted to Srware Iron adblock.ini format:
http://sites.google.com/site/webuploads7373/adblock.ini