Flash???

Iron Forum for english speaking people

bournetoday

Flash???

Post by bournetoday »

Hi,

I have searched these forums as well as Google high and low for an answer/solution to this problem, and with no luck.

Simply put, what's up with the Flash plugin situation in SRWare Iron? Ever since I have installed it, on both Windows and Linux, I have constantly had a message pop up on just about every page at the top saying, "Adobe Flash Player was blocked because it is out of date," with two buttons that say "Run this time," and "Update plug-in.."

Naturally, I opted to update the plug-in the first time this happened to me. It took me to the Adobe page where I downloaded and installed the plug-in. Nothing happened: it never installed. I rebooted and re-installed several times on my Windows system, and no plug-in ever installed. As for Linux, I tried again today by clicking the update button and there wasn't even a plugin available for Chrome and Ubuntu/Debian (I'm running Mint).

I really hope I am able fix this problem, and if someone has an idea as to how, I would be very appreciative of them sharing this information with me and everyone else. It is simply not practical for me to use a browser that does not have flash capability. It seems like 90% of sites today still use Flash, and I depend on it for many sites I use regularly. I like Iron and I really do not want to ditch it, but I fear that if this issue is not resolved soon, I may have to.

Sincerely,
Timothy

P.S.--I am quite certain that I am running the most recent version of Iron. I just installed it a few days ago on Linux, and I remember updating it recently on Windows. This has been occurring ever since I first tried Iron, on both systems, and both before and after updating it.
mapx

Re: Flash???

Post by mapx »

windows:

you could try the operations using ONLY windows firewall; also disable all your other security software (antivirus, antimalware, some other firewall)

uninstall first flash player
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... ndows.html

install now again flash player (close all your browsers)
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/W ... ayer.shtml
rsadix

Re: Flash???

Post by rsadix »

I recently experienced this problem on OSX and finally figured it out.
http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 414#p18414

This is just a guess, but it seems like iron is looking for the flash plugin to have a specific name. When adobe switched over to pepper flash (which should be a good thing) they changed the name of the plugin. The out of date message you are getting, is because it is finding the older flash. Installing the new flash is giving it a new name, and iron is not recognizing it as the updated flash player, and apparently isn't interrogating the new file at all. Try renaming the newer flash plugin to the old name. For OSX the name of the plugin must be: Flash Player Plugin for Chrome.plugin. Not sure what it is for winblows.