Setting history limit

Iron Forum for english speaking people

armando

Setting history limit

Post by armando »

I'm using Iron Portable and I'd like to have the browser keep only the latest few days of navigation history.
I know that Chromium does not provide an option to set the history maximum length and so I looked for an extension.

I found one (called history limiter) in the official Chrome Web Store and I noticed it is not included in the chrome-plugins.info database. Searching there for "history" produces no results.
The home page says that chrome-plugins.info "will collect just the best and working extensions and plugins" for SRWare Iron, so I'm wondering why the above mentioned extension (or an equivalent) is not available.

Is it not fully compatible with Iron? Does it affect privacy somehow? Is it buggy or unstable?
Or is it pointless because Iron already provides a way (which I'm not aware of) to limit browser history?

Thanks
armando

Re: Setting history limit

Post by armando »

No ideas?
mapx

Post by mapx »

you can use any extension you want.
armando

Post by armando »

I know I can technically use any Chrome Extension.

I also think, however, that there must be some reason behind the decision to exclude from chrome-plugins.info some of the extensions available in the Chrome Web Store. I really don't think chrome-plugins.info maintainers choose extensions to include by rolling of dices. They declare they "collect just the best and working extensions and plugins", so they must have well-defined selection criteria.

Maybe the reason has something to do with those "critical points about privacy concern" which stand behind the Iron project itself.
Maybe it's just a matter of license.
Maybe it's something else.

I hope someone will help me understand.