New Iron-Version: 23.0.1300.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

debroos

Re: New Iron-Version: 23.0.1300.0 Stable for Windows

Post by debroos »

Thanks Buster. V22 installed ok - in that it functioned, but all the bookmark icons on both the bar and 'others' were replaced by the empty page with the folded corner icon. I also imported the bookmarks from V23 but no change. There's something weird going on in this bookmark neck of the woods. I forgot to mention I'm running XP SP3 :roll:
bugman

Post by bugman »

WOW! 60+ FPS in the HA test!! now this is more like it!!
All iron is missing now is a voyage and ubiquity extension port and i can switch to iron permanently

ps: here is the HA page if you guys want to check it out for yourselves
https://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/09/hardw ... eleration/
dniaak

Post by dniaak »

Hello. Like many others, the bookmark folder tree will not open for me either in this version. But I doesn't matter ---- there is a simple workaround for this problem. You don't have to re-install anything, or risk losing your bookmarks. Here's what to do:

When you have a page to save, RIGHT-click on the folder in which you want to save it. Now select "add page". Your folder tree will pop up with the correct folder highlighted. Click "Save". That's it! Hope this helps.
mapx

Post by mapx »

bugman wrote:WOW! 60+ FPS in the HA test!! now this is more like it!!
All iron is missing now is a voyage and ubiquity extension port and i can switch to iron permanently

ps: here is the HA page if you guys want to check it out for yourselves
https://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/09/hardw ... eleration/
something like ubiquity ?
gleeBox
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ji/details
buster

Post by buster »

dniaak wrote:Hello. Like many others, the bookmark folder tree will not open for me either in this version. But I doesn't matter ---- there is a simple workaround for this problem. You don't have to re-install anything, or risk losing your bookmarks. Here's what to do:

When you have a page to save, RIGHT-click on the folder in which you want to save it. Now select "add page". Your folder tree will pop up with the correct folder highlighted. Click "Save". That's it! Hope this helps.

I think most people can figure this out. I don't like crippled software. ;)
ironuser

Post by ironuser »

debroos wrote:Thanks Buster. V22 installed ok - in that it functioned, but all the bookmark icons on both the bar and 'others' were replaced by the empty page with the folded corner icon. I also imported the bookmarks from V23 but no change. There's something weird going on in this bookmark neck of the woods. I forgot to mention I'm running XP SP3
I am running XP SP3, and the bookmarks work well for me with V22(and before) and V23.
How do you start Iron? A desktop icon?
If so, right click it and select properties, and see where it points you to a 'profile' or 'user data'.

It should be similar to this>> "C:\Program Files\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" --user-data-dir="C:\Documents and Settings\<PC USER NAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Chromium\User Data\<Profile Name>"

The last part is what you want to look at showing the location of the User Data. The User Data stores your bookmarks, Passwords, history, etc.
Is it correct for what you have used for past versions of Iron?
ronanjenn4

Post by ronanjenn4 »

i keep getting this when i go and download the new version what do i do with this and how to i get the new update??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SRWare
Site Admin

Post by SRWare »

ronanjenn4 wrote:i keep getting this when i go and download the new version what do i do with this and how to i get the new update??
you have to close the old version while updating...
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
debroos

Post by debroos »

Thanks ironuser

Properties on the Iron icon only offers the path to the exe file. There's no mention of the user data path. V23 is the first time I've had any bookmark problems.
JPElectron

Post by JPElectron »

I'm having two problems with this build...

- after clicking star in the address bar the bookmark can only be added to the last folder I put bookmarks in, the dropdown does not actually drop down so I could pick the folder.
- after uploading a file from any webpage (tested on SkyDrive and Email attachments) that file cannot be deleted or properties changed in Windows until SWIron is closed, seems like an open file lock is being held?

Otherwise - works OK :)