[Win/2.0.178.0] Disable spell check?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

littlebigman

Re: [Win/2.0.178.0] Disable spell check?

Post by littlebigman »

Thanks for the help.

I don't want Iron to display its menus in French (I always install software in English so I'm more likely to find help by posting error messages in the de facto international language): I simply 1) wanted to disable spell-checking for all languages and 2) was wondering why the options were different for English and French. Problem solved.

However, I'm still stuck with an annoying issue that I didn't have with Chrome: Although I set French as the first item in the Languages list and set "www.google.fr" as the default search engine, Iron keeps reporting non-French items: It's fine when I'm really looking for international data or even specifically US data, but it's a pain when the stuff I'm searching for is really limited to France (eg. local articles or prices):
iron.search.not.localized.jpg
Why doesn't Iron return localized data? Is this precisely because Iron is more secure than Chrome due to not reporting location? In which case, how can I send that info to Google when I truly need localized replies?

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
littlebigman

Post by littlebigman »

Thanks for the tip, but here's a screenshot of what I have (I do prefer to use US versions of applications, so that I can just copy/paste error messages in case I'm stuck):
srware.iron.search.engine.jpg
However, after hitting "OK" and restarting Iron, I'm back to using "google.com" as the default search engine.

How can I...
1. Use google.fr as the default search engine?
2. And even better, have Iron prompt me for which engine to use so that, depending on what I'm looking for, Google either returns localized infos (FR, US, etc) or global infos?

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tweak

Post by Tweak »

I made a post asking about this but this seems to be one of the closest related topics...you all mention turning it off, last update I did mine turned off and I actually want it back on, it is checked and I have tried manually removing and recreating as well as copying the dictionary related files from Comodo Dragon another Chromium based browser and nothing yet has worked to ENABLE spell checking like it was before the lastest upgraded browser version. Thanks!