Norton toolbar not showing

Iron Forum for english speaking people

wphil

Norton toolbar not showing

Post by wphil »

I have the Norton Identity Protection 2012.5.4.6 addin and have a norton button next to the 'wrench'. When I click on the norton button the norton toolbar does not appear. This does work in chrome but not iron and the features such as 'safe web' do not work in iron.

I have iron version 20.0.1150.0 (Developer Build 150000 Windows)

Is this something that iron will not allow due to the features it provides or it doesn't work in iron at present (although it does work in chrome)?

If it should work can anyone help with what I need to do. I have searched for answers but cannot find anything to help.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the extension.
myles

Re: Norton toolbar not showing

Post by myles »

I too had this problem but no longer. I don't know what I did but all that I did was this. Used Iron to navigate to the Norton site, opened my account and then opened my online identity vault. Then did an upgrade of my Norton Internet Security. Then closed everything, did a restart and as if by magic my Norton Toolbar is back. It looks slightly different and now has an additional Login Assistant button.

That little button next to the spanner now has "shopping information available" whereas it never had any function before.

I have no idea if it was the norton upgrade, or logging onto my online vault but I don't care. Everything now seems to work just fine. This is so much better than chrome. :D
myles

Re: Norton toolbar not showing

Post by myles »

I have subsequently found that it is the "autodetect" program that does the job. If you run the program that checks for Norton updates, it launches the browser and loads the toolbar.