Iron for Mac - Any interest?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

SRWare
Site Admin

Iron for Mac - Any interest?

Post by SRWare »

How big would be the interest for Iron on Mac?
I would ask all with contacts to the Mac-scene to find out this.

Because of the need of seperate hardware for MacOS X we would have to buy a Mac. If there is enough interest, this could be surely financed by donations.

Look here:
http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1048
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
saltine

Re: Iron for Mac - Any interest?

Post by saltine »

Hello Sirs,
I am currently using Iron on Win PC and I'm very satisfied of its speed. A good product without Google hidden tricks.
I would like to have a Mac OSX version of Iron since I mainly use Mac OSX and I'm planning to trash my PC.

So I submit my vote.
Regards.
colleenex

Post by colleenex »

How to restore a Mac OS X to factory settings? I have a Mac OS X and selling it and i would like to erase everything off it like personal info, data, extra programs etc. Is there any way of doing this?
samwise

Post by samwise »

Interest: Yes.

I shopped around for a long time to find the just the right web browser for my pc, and was lucky to find Iron. It blocks ads, has most visited links on the new tab page (like safari top sites without 3d), is simple, sleek, and quick. I would love to run Iron on my mac.
rsmereka

Post by rsmereka »

Interest: Yes

I am using Iron under Windows and Linux. I am looking for Mac and BSD versions.

Iron puts all the other browsers to shame.

Rick
djharris

Post by djharris »

Yes, I've love it if you guys did this!

And colleenex, use your Mac OS X install CD/DVD and wipe the hard disk. install from scratch. done.

And if you don't have one, maybe you can buy one off ebay. (Make sure that version works on your hardware!)

Plus, word on the street has it that the $29 snow leopard upgrade works on any intel mac, leopard or not. see the wikipedia article on Mac OS X 10.6

--Dave
fhisch

Post by fhisch »

I am very interested in a Mac version of Iron. Chrome's interface is far superior (in my opinion) to any other browser, and I have been spoiled by it on my Windows machine. I'd be willing to donate a bit toward a mac to assist with development.
oingo

+1

Post by oingo »

I am interested to be sure
iron is the best chromium
fkeidjn

Post by fkeidjn »

Yes for me. I'm pretty sure a lot of Mac users would love Iron for Mac, but don't feel like saying it.
opieum

Post by opieum »

I think it stands to reason that if Chrome has a following on the mac (and it does) then so would Srware. Once awareness of this browser spreads more, then more people will want it. I know I would love to have it.