Importing search history, etc. from Chrome

Iron Forum for english speaking people

The Baldape

Re: Importing search history, etc. from Chrome

Post by The Baldape »

I found a way how import everything except history first open your Chrome browser and bookmark all your favorite websites from your history from there sync your Chrome to your Google account after that then stop the sync next open Iron and sync it then low and behold everything was transferred over to Iron well except history but that's way you booked marked all important history that way get to keep most of your history in the form of a bookmark try it works excellently. :geek: :D
herry085

Post by herry085 »

If You want to remove your history you can use short cut key crtl+shift+Delete .
dingjackMJ

Post by dingjackMJ »

Anyone have any clue on how to import the search history and all the saved data from chrome?
I know where to get it from IE but Chrome doesnt show up as an option on that tab
dingjackMJ

Post by dingjackMJ »

Anyone have any clue on how to import the search history and all the saved data from chrome?
I know where to get it from IE but Chrome doesnt show up as an option on that tab
yurosie

Post by yurosie »

I myself have a problem like you. and here I found the answer
Quick

Post by Quick »

Hello, for some reason they won't let me post new topic. Could someone please tell me if there is a way to stop the history search from coming up when i put a word in the address field? I don't want it to automatically suggest things from my history. Is it possible?

Thank you.
mapx

Post by mapx »

here some instructions:

http://pastebin.com/1d0F4MBK
Quick

Post by Quick »

mapx wrote:here some instructions:

http://pastebin.com/1d0F4MBK
Thank you very much for the reply. I didn't know i could use Chrome extensions. Unfortunately the extension doesn't seem to work, i still get suggestion based on history if i type something in the address field. And i think the other way wouldn't work, because i often use CCleaner which also deletes "history" file in default folder, so the trick of making it read only wouldn't last for long.

But thank you very much, i will further search to see if i can find some other extension from that site.

Very much oblidged.
Quick

Post by Quick »

@ mapx

I was wrong, the extension you proposed works! Thank you very much! :ironvsopera
RazerAnansi

Post by RazerAnansi »

Thank You. I just figured out using portable Iron and copied and pasted my default folder. I just started up a new thread about this question with portable so it can be deleted moderator.
Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Q6600
Asus P5N-D
4GB-OCZ-DDR2
XFX R9 270X