How is SRW portable supposed to work?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

huran

How is SRW portable supposed to work?

Post by huran »

I have used SRW portable earlier, and now downloaded again the most recent version.

After extracting the archive and starting SRW, it opens up real quickly, thx for that, but that's all about it.

Nothing shows up. It just sits there nice and blue. Opens up tabs nicely, but does not display anything on them. Just blue.

When opening the setting, it immediately opens a tab with url chrome://chrome/settings/ , but thats it. Display sits there again nice. And blue.

No webpages work, no setting or anything displays anything whatsoever. It seems to be operating, it just does not display anything.

What's up?
mapx

Re: How is SRW portable supposed to work?

Post by mapx »

are you using something like comodo firewall with all the protection activated ? try to choose a lower level of protection or to add iron to the exceptions
huran

Post by huran »

Online Armor Free + Avast Free

I tried deactivating web shield from both, and also firewall from OA, to no avail.

Sometimes e.g. updating Avast engine has lead to blocking all web traffic, which then has turned out to be OA blocking ports needed by Avast components. In this SRW -case all relevant ports & programs were allowed & trusted for SRW.

What wonders me most is that SRW does not display even "internal" pages like settings etc. in chrome://chrome/settings/ which to my understanding should not even need a web connection?
mapx

Post by mapx »

try disable completely OA, activate the default windows firewall

I see some OA problems with chrome

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/7264- ... -silently/

see the last post on how-to