Iron temporarily freezing; earlier versions of 19 available?

Iron Forum for english speaking people

prr

Iron temporarily freezing; earlier versions of 19 available?

Post by prr »

I have noticed after the update (to the current version), that I will be typing information using the Iron browser, and the browser will freeze for 10-30 seconds, during which my typing is invisible. After that point, the characters I have entered will then all appear at once.

Is there an earlier version of 19.x that I can use, as I don't recall this happening before the last few weeks. Or, is there some option I can check/uncheck that can take care of this?
prr

Re: Iron temporarily freezing; earlier versions of 19 availa

Post by prr »

This is not a Windows problem; when this happens, other applications do just fine. Nor do other browsers have this problem on my laptop.
mapx

Post by mapx »

first, try remove the cache content

if nothing changes, try to create a new profile (save your bookmarks as html, and also the passwords, better if you synchronize them using your gmail account)
prr

Post by prr »

Just deleted the cache. I normally don't clear browsing data at all---perhaps that was it.

At any rate, I'l sign into Google and create a new profile if the cache cleaning doesn't work. I'll report back and tell what happened.
prr

Post by prr »

Well just now was the first time that I have experienced this in Iron, since a few days ago after cleaning out the cache. I had just installed Windows updates (and chose not to reboot), and I looked in Windows' task manager and saw well under 100 megs of RAM that were "free" (whatever that's supposed to mean). Oh also, I had just separated two tabs away from each other, giving each their own window.

So perhaps it is a matter of RAM and how hard the browser has to work (assuming that a full cache would make it work a bit harder...). I rebooted and did all this stuff, and the browser was fine.

I take it that there aren't any shortcuts to tell Iron to clean the cache--that running Iron Cleaner is the quickest way?
mapx

Post by mapx »

you can use a parameter to limit the amount of cache used by your iron

add this parameter to the shortcut for iron (in bytes)

for 100 mega
--disk-cache-size=104857600