Feature Request: Googlesharing Support

Iron Forum for english speaking people

ironghost

Feature Request: Googlesharing Support

Post by ironghost »

It appears my last post did not go through so lets give this another shot here.

I currently use Iron and find it to be very nice overall. One of the features that I miss from using firefox is the ability to use the extension for the specialized googlesharing.net proxy. Built-in support for this is a feature that I would really like to see as part of an upcoming build of Iron. Given the nature of the Iron development, it appears that it would be inline with what is being created here. Please consider taking a look at this in the near future.
ironuser

Re: Feature Request: Googlesharing Support

Post by ironuser »

Read through some of the Iron articles on this page. Especially the Iron vs Chrome.
http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php
IIRC, the Iron folks only remove things from the chromium source code that are very invasive as far as security and privacy go.
(GoogleSharing may fall into that category. If so, you may as well use Chrome as it is already invasive).

I don't think it is the Iron coders intention to ' add features'.

Have you looked for a comparable Chrome extension that duplicates the Firefox version?
ironghost

Re: Feature Request: Googlesharing Support

Post by ironghost »

Googlesharing proxy is completely encrypted so it wouldn't fall under invasive at all. No such extension exist for chrome as a whole either.