User Agent Switcher Problem

Iron Forum for english speaking people

mvecera

User Agent Switcher Problem

Post by mvecera »

Hi, (read: newbie)

I can seem to find no way to accurately modify the User Agent via any method I could find in the forums.

The story. Revitalizing old laptop for one-laptop-per-child event. I need to keep the browser thinking that it is a mobile device so that the heaviest-memory-hog online apps don't crush the performance. So, I want IRON to display the Google Mobile interfaces for GMail, Google Calendar, Docs, etc. So if the user-agent thinks that the browser is a Droid or something, the apps are slicker, faster and more direct.

Downloaded Chrome UA Spoofer ... does nothing.

Created UA.ini containing "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3; en-us) AppleWebKit/999+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/999.9" and saved it in:
-- /usr/lib/iron-linux/opt ... does nothing
-- /usr/lib/iron-linux ... does nothing
-- /home/username/.config/chromium ... does nothing

Tools: Developer Tools: Settings
- Override User-Agent (Chose Android blah blah blah) ... does nothing.

I'm using:
SRWare Iron Linux v.17.1000.0 (DB 121963)

What am I doing wrong? Why can't IRON use the same Chome Store (Google Play) as my desktop?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Matthew
SRWare
Site Admin

Re: User Agent Switcher Problem

Post by SRWare »

please create UA.ini in /opt/
Iron-Updates via Twitter: http://twitter.com/srware

Donations via Paypal and Bitcoin:
http://iron-start.com/spenden.php
bksening

Post by bksening »

But why can't Iron use the Override User-Agent from Developer Tools: Settings that comes built-in with Iron?
joiwind

Post by joiwind »

mvecera wrote:Hi, (read: newbie)

I can seem to find no way to accurately modify the User Agent via any method I could find in the forums.

The story. Revitalizing old laptop for one-laptop-per-child event. I need to keep the browser thinking that it is a mobile device so that the heaviest-memory-hog online apps don't crush the performance. So, I want IRON to display the Google Mobile interfaces for GMail, Google Calendar, Docs, etc. So if the user-agent thinks that the browser is a Droid or something, the apps are slicker, faster and more direct.

Downloaded Chrome UA Spoofer ... does nothing.

Created UA.ini containing "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3; en-us) AppleWebKit/999+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/999.9" and saved it in:
-- /usr/lib/iron-linux/opt ... does nothing
-- /usr/lib/iron-linux ... does nothing
-- /home/username/.config/chromium ... does nothing

Tools: Developer Tools: Settings
- Override User-Agent (Chose Android blah blah blah) ... does nothing.

I'm using:
SRWare Iron Linux v.17.1000.0 (DB 121963)

What am I doing wrong? Why can't IRON use the same Chome Store (Google Play) as my desktop?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Matthew
Hi, did you try this one : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... hfjgkhfcgf ?