PDF printer

Iron Forum for english speaking people

prov

PDF printer

Post by prov »

Printing an HTM file to PDF (with CutePDF, Acrobat, PrimoPDF, etc..) Generates a file that contains only images of the pages: it is not editable and weighs several bytes.
This thing did not happen originally. The problem is with Comodo Dragon, Chrome, Opera ... but not with IE and Firefox.
I guess depends on the internal engine and the rendering ... but it is a defect very, very boring, so I have to use IE when I want to print to PDF.

Someone knows more?
Thanks
prov

Re: PDF printer

Post by prov »

Hi,

for example try to print to doPDF, PDFCreator or otherwise, this page:

http://www.adnkronos.com/IGN/News/Crona ... 1.51318543

Well ... with Iron and Maxthon ( will get a PDF image that is not editable.
With Firefox, however, a normal editable file.

IE 9, however, fails to print.
Maybe Iron, just because the page is divided into sections, copper and many other things, short cuts and creates an image?
But then, because Firefox is the perfect print?

Why all this?

Thanks!
prov

Post by prov »

It seems that this problem (the press in PDF in the form of image instead of selectable text) depends on the rendering engine.

The Trident engine (also known as MSHTML) works much better than Webkit.

Try to print to PDF a page with IE, and another with Iron, Comodo Dragon, and Maxthon (version engine not IE) and will verify in person.

Printing PDF to Image is a serious limitation of the rendering engine of the family Crhome :? .

Do you agree with me?
prov

Post by prov »

After all this time I had a suspicion ... just now! (I just added another 3d with the same subject, more or less, but still do not see it - I do not know where it is ...).

The solution perhaps is this: In Printers, select the printer (for example PDFCreator), right mouse button, the printer properties, advanced, print processor (botton below), select TEXT (not RAW, that an image format).

The press now is finally as it should be ...

The fact remains that Firefox had already thought of his own and has not been necessary to do anything, and instead everyone else has left selected by default RAW.

I hope this betrayed "discovery" is helpful to everyone.

;)