Redraw bug on Alt-Tab

Iron Forum for english speaking people

b7iron

Redraw bug on Alt-Tab

Post by b7iron »

Bug:
The main Iron window does not redraw correctly when Iron loses or receives focus from another application.
The normal skin of Chrome (the "titlebar" area and part of the Tab bar) is overwritten with the standard Windows titlebar graphics.

Steps to reproduce:
When Iron is in window mode or maximized (not fullscreen), switch to another application and back (the other app does not necessarily need to cover the Iron window).
The Iron "title bar", the system buttons (close, max, minimize) and the tab bar are redrawn to what they should look like ONLY when you move the mouse over each part of the affected area (each tab and button).

System:
Bug is active in both XP Pro sp2 and sp3, and in Vista sp1 (all of which have the "Standard/Classic theme", a-la-win98)
Using latest Iron version (portable mode), 2.0.168.

As a personal remark, i actually dislike the fake "OS skin" of Chrome/Iron. It is not only buggy and misfit with the user's chosen theme, but also does not display the most common element of all windows, the title bar, with the current page's title. I wish there was a way to get that back, i don't know what google team was thinking when they designed it this way...

See full screenshot here
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5076 ... rawbug.png
volvox

Re: Redraw bug on Alt-Tab

Post by volvox »

I quite like the missing windows title bar, because you have more space to view the websites.

But I don't like this annoying bug! Please fix it soon, SRWare.