Google Voice Ext does NOT play Bell sound notification. Help

Discussion about SRWare Iron and Google Chrome Extensions/Plugins

Google Voice Ext does NOT play Bell sound notification. Help

Postby Caliber427 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:31 am

Browser: SRWare Iron - Version 22.0.1250.0 (160000)
Official Google Voice extension 2.4.1
Windows 7

The Google Voice Extension does NOT play the Bell sound when new SMS is received. It does pop-up a notification and shows the # of unread messages on the Google Voice icon on the top right of the browser window.

Yes, my speakers are turned on and the volume is loud enough. ;)

This has been going on at least a month now, and it's pretty annoying. The box in on the options screen is checked that states "Play bell sound when a new message comes in," but it still doesn't play. I've tried removing and re-installing the extension. Unchecking and rechecking the "Play bell" box on the options screen, many times. I've also cleared the extension data on the options page.

Other Chrome users have posted about this issue, but I haven't seen a solution, yet.

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me solve this issue.
Caliber427

Re: Google Voice Ext does NOT play Bell sound notification.

Postby LaFlamme » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:04 pm

Ah, I'd love to hear if you ever figured this out. I have the same issue, only with the Google web timer I use each day while making coffee. It doesn't sound the alert when the timer is done, as it does it other browsers. I thought maybe all sounds were disabled in Iron, but no. Right now it's just that one. Since it sounds similar to your Voice issue, I wonder if anyone has come up with a solution.
LaFlamme

Return to Iron/Chrome Extensions (English)