Greasemonkey scripts: how?

Discussion about SRWare Iron and Google Chrome Extensions/Plugins

Greasemonkey scripts: how?

Postby Mark S. » Fri May 28, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi guys,

I've been trying for quite a while to install greasemonkey scripts in Iron, without success (no success in Chrome either).

I'm currently using Windows 7. Already tried to create the folder User Scripts in "C:\Users\me\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\User Scripts" when trying with Chrome, I've put the script there and no success...

What should I do? I added --enable-user-scripts at the end of the shortcuts too, I don't know what I'm missing here, this should be easy stuff right?

Whenever I install a script it will appear in my Extensions page, but it won't work.

Thank you for your time.
Mark S.

Re: Greasemonkey scripts: how?

Postby LagannBTT » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:38 pm

since version 4 Chrome officially supports GreaseMonkey User Scripts, you don't need to do that now
LagannBTT

Postby arflech » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:32 pm

You should be able to click the Install button on the userscripts.org page and then it will start installing as if it were another Chrome extension.
arflech

Postby swarlock » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:14 am

Since I'm using Iron. Where do I find Greasemonkey to make the userscripts work?
swarlock

Postby arflech » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:18 pm

swarlock wrote:Since I'm using Iron. Where do I find Greasemonkey to make the userscripts work?
It works the same way in every Chromium derivative: Click the "Install" button to make Iron install the UserScript as if it were another extension.

GreaseMonkey is only available for Firefox; three of the other major browsers (Chrome, Opera, and Konqueror) have UserScript support built-in, while the remaining two have their own bolt-on implementations (IE6-8 has IE7Pro, while Safari on the Mac has GreaseKit).
arflech

Postby domsriltz123 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:53 am

You should be able to click the Install button on the page userscripts.org and then it will start installing as if it were another extension Chrome.
domsriltz123

Postby jerryTheJerry » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:43 am

keelerz ... OSX is gonna be restricting that in the keychain settings. control P, make an exception and you should be good
jerryTheJerry

Return to Iron/Chrome Extensions (English)