Import Bookmarks from Firefox

rund um Technik sowie "Gott und die Welt"

Import Bookmarks from Firefox

Postby mrmick » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:47 am

This is the 2nd time I've tried to post this. I hope it works this time. I have an Imac w/OS 10.6.5(Snow Leopard) and I'm trying to Import my Bookmarks from FireFox but nothing is happening when I hit import. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mrmick
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused"
mrmick

Re: Import Bookmarks from Firefox

Postby mrmick » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:01 pm

mrmick wrote:This is the 2nd time I've tried to post this. I hope it works this time. I have an Imac w/OS 10.6.5(Snow Leopard) and I'm trying to Import my Bookmarks from FireFox but nothing is happening when I hit import. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mrmick

Well All I finally got it to work. For some reason it wouldn't recognize FireFox but would Safari so I got my Bookmarks via Safari.
"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused"
mrmick

Postby vonBurg » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:08 pm

I have a somewhat same problem...
You mean, that you imported youre bookmarks from Firefox into Safari and then to youre Mac?
vonBurg

Postby mrmick » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:24 am

vonBurg wrote:I have a somewhat same problem...
You mean, that you imported youre bookmarks from Firefox into Safari and then to youre Mac?

Sorry for the delay.
The computer had already imported some bookmarks from Firefox into Safari. So I just accepted those. It's not an ideal solution but I decided not to try and get the rest from Firefox. Hope this helps.
mrmick

Postby ahdzbodkin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:05 am

The easiest way is to export your bookmarks from firefox to a file...
This can be done with the bookmark manager within firefox...
Just use the 'Export Bookmarks to HTML' selection...

Then in iron, open bookmark manager and click on Organize...
At the bottom of the drop down menu you will find 'Import Bookmarks from HTML file...'
Click on this and navigate to the previously saved firefox bookmark file (You did note where you saved it, correct?)
iron does the rest for you...

The same can be done for most of the other browsers...
Just export the bookmarks from one browser, then import into the browser you will be using...

You will probably need to do some organizing, so I will leave you to it...
ahdzbodkin

Return to Allgemeine Diskussion und Fragen