palemoon 64-bit rocks!

rund um Technik sowie "Gott und die Welt"

palemoon 64-bit rocks!

Postby jazluvr » Fri May 13, 2011 9:30 pm

Wow...firefox finally made a version i like, and moonchild, who compiled the palemoon browser out of FF4, (already updated to 4.0.6) did a fantastic job. I can't imagine using anything else now after the awesome add-ons like a real noscript, better privacy and ghostery (not to mention 3 subs to fanboys adblock plus.)

These add-ons not only find lso's (flash cookies that last for years) but deletes them, and ghostery shows me who's tracking me and stops them from doing so. I can even track them, and contact them if i want...lol. This thing is very fast and configurable. I can't imagine not using this with the afformentioned add-ons. Also have do not track me, and ask me cookie feature...hahaha.

I actually have fun using this browser! Got an awesome skin for it from FF add-ons page. Iron seems so vulnerable and so very limited and boring compared to this. I see chrome is taking away nice features more and more, and having problems with iron. I'll be surprised if the srware guy lets this get posted.
jazluvr

Re: palemoon 64-bit rocks!

Postby ironuser » Sat May 14, 2011 1:55 am

And your 'pushing it in here? Man, you still have less and less sense every time you come back. OR is it that you are still in a pissed off mood?
ironuser

Postby megaman » Sat May 14, 2011 2:40 am

I've been using Palemoon since 3.6, so I hear ya, primary browser is currently 4.0.6 32-bit.
Firefox has had a section of experimentals with a 64-bit version under their nightly channel, used to be minefield channel. I have never tried them, since I haven't had a 64-bit system before.

I am with you on Ghostery since it doesn't fail me, Adblock Plus works great over any Chrome Adblock programs, closest is Adblock. You subscribe to Fanboy's Annoyance one too? That thing removes video images from the Yahoo! Video Search. I am still for the Tracking List and Adblock List.

Best part is that similar programs like Adblock and Disconnect, on Chromium-based browsers, slow the sites loading because of the blocking and stuff. Adblock Plus and Ghostery don't slow down the page rendering in Firefox one bit.

I use Nightly Build with the Maxthon skin, the layout buttons of the nightly build (6.0) are much better than the 4.0 buttons, to my view and I am talking without any skins just default, and Palemoon with the Mac OSX skin.

I honestly don't see what's boring to you on Iron, then again, nothing really seems to bore me. Chrome's team wants to regaint he speed that some additional components have slowed the browser down, that's what they have been aiming for when they made Chrome. Well, you have your browser favorites, but who doesn't? I went back to Firefox (I mean Palemoon but you get the picture) and I keep Iron as my secondary, for it's quick-loading speed. I need a browser that loads up fast, and to time it it's 10 seconds while gaming to see Firefox load up because of the extensions and 5 seconds or less with Chromium-based browsers. Both have the same amount of extensions. :)
megaman

Postby megaman » Sat May 14, 2011 5:21 pm

ironuser wrote:And your 'pushing it in here? Man, you still have less and less sense every time you come back. OR is it that you are still in a pissed off mood?

I embrace it because I still love Firefox, but this does remind me about the time that jazluvr was on about Cookies.

Iron still has my vote as a Secondary. :)
megaman

Postby jazluvr » Sat May 14, 2011 9:19 pm

megaman wrote:
ironuser wrote:And your 'pushing it in here? Man, you still have less and less sense every time you come back. OR is it that you are still in a pissed off mood?

I embrace it because I still love Firefox, but this does remind me about the time that jazluvr was on about Cookies.

Iron still has my vote as a Secondary. :)

Yeah, i use it as a secondary still (version 7 with ask me cookie option)...i keep the adblocker updated with the auto-updater (the opera converted list with the 3 subs-tracking, annoyances and adblock. And yeah, looking back, that was kinda funny how i went on about the ask me cookie thing... :mrgreen: That's why i added the "hahaha"...i can laff at myself...unlike some people that need to lighten up.. :D

I guess I'm comparing the browsers when i say iron is "boring"...i guess i mean to say it is lean and only contains what you need minus any "bells and whistles". Didn't mean to put it down. It's a good browser, and it's sad to see srware guys can only do so much with it. Most of the stripping of great features (like ask me cookie function) are done by chrome. I'm just glad to be free of them and have other options.
jazluvr

Return to Allgemeine Diskussion und Fragen