Hidden Addons

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Dr.Faustus

Hidden Addons

Post by Dr.Faustus »

With upgrade to Win 10 some annoying addons are appeared in my iron... Buzzdoc and Coupon Time...
I've tried going to settings--> extensions but no such extesnions are showed (i've only bitdefender wallet).
I've tried also to find some malaware in installed software but nothing...
How i can solve this?
Mayhem

Re: Hidden Addons

Post by Mayhem »

Extensions are stored in the folder "extensions" , which is somewhere in the AppData folder below user. You can basically delete that folder without having to fear something manually, this should get rid of those extensions, you have to install your normal extensions again though. it's also possible, that one or both of the extensions you mention hide themselves very nasty somewhere else. Start an admin-command-prompt and type dir /a /s *coupon*.* or dir /a /s *buzzdoc*.* , this should list you the paths under which you can find those extensions (not 100% sure on the command but should work) .

If this still doesn't get rid of those extensions, then you should take more radical means, like deleting all temporary data files (a good tool for this is "TFC" , wich is free) , shut of system-restore and make an online-virus-scan like i. e. ESET-online-scan. Don't forget to make a new restore-point after you've deleted that adware.

Also, Google (or Duck) will help you a lot with this. Google those two extensions, and you'll find, where they normally install, and how one can get rid of them. This is for the case, that you're insecure about any of the procedures I listed before. If you are very unsure about everything, ask for professional help in a forum like "bleepingcomputer" or similar.