Adblock

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Leena_zz

Adblock

Post by Leena_zz »

I have installed Adblockplus for Chrome but it does not work properly. Therefore I have to install it every time I start Iron.
Please help.
Thank you.
Iron_u5er

Re: Adblock

Post by Iron_u5er »

I do not know why. Maybe you try Ad Muncher?
Leena_zz

Post by Leena_zz »

I think I need to explain my problem more elaborately therefore I reproduce below two Screenshots :

Screenshot 1 Iron Browser, before installing Adblock plus for Chrome : http://i.imgur.com/3TbU6Pl.png
Screenshot 2 Iron Browser, fter installing Adblock plus for Chrome : http://i.imgur.com/7BVggZN.png

The first Screenshot is perfect. I have also Firefox Browser, which looks same as Screenshot 1, permanently. However, in Iron, in my subsequent logins to this site, the display reverts back to Screenshot 1.

Perhaps I am erring somewhere in installing Adblock Plus into Iron Browser, which I am unable to realize.

Kindly help.
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

I cannot help you but only say, that I use AddBlock Plus and afaik it works.
Leena_zz

Post by Leena_zz »

Mayhem wrote:I cannot help you but only say, that I use AddBlock Plus and afaik it works.
Sir,
More pathetic is i tried to register into Adblock help forum, where they rejected me saying I am SPAM.
I can not believe such premier software house can act such callous. It more looked like registering into some high security US Defense site. After having been rejected, I sent one email to them to look into this matter, of which I am still waiting answer.
Isn't this lunatic ?
Thank you Sir.
WSK

Post by WSK »

Leena_zz wrote:I have installed Adblockplus for Chrome but it does not work properly. Therefore I have to install it every time I start Iron.
Please help.
Thank you.
Most likely you have on the computer a harmful program which deletes AdBlock. Scan the utility of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or it similar.
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

I don't have to re-intsall AdBlock Plus and I also use the Chrome version, so the suspicion of you having Malware is absolutely appropriate.

But what is really nerving about AdBlock is, that it doesn't hide all ads anymore. Even if set to fully block everything, those ads floating in from all directions placing themselves over the actuaal website aren't blocked. Does anyone know any solution for this?