New Iron-Version: 41.0.2200.0 Stable for Windows

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Ironsword

Re: New Iron-Version: 41.0.2200.0 Stable for Windows

Post by Ironsword »

roseover wrote:Thanks for the update. I have one problem.

The scrollbar is missing.:'(

There seems to be a scroll "area" but I can't see the bar at all. It's a bit annoying. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it on my side? Thanks!
I had the missing scrollbar problem once too. The fix was to delete Chromium's "User data" folder and re-sync all settings.
roseover

Post by roseover »

Ironsword wrote:
roseover wrote:Thanks for the update. I have one problem.

The scrollbar is missing.:'(

There seems to be a scroll "area" but I can't see the bar at all. It's a bit annoying. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it on my side? Thanks!
I had the missing scrollbar problem once too. The fix was to delete Chromium's "User data" folder and re-sync all settings.
Thanks, but what should I re-syinc with? Do I need to install Iron again?
throkr

Post by throkr »

Ironsword wrote:I had the missing scrollbar problem once too. The fix was to delete Chromium's "User data" folder and re-sync all settings.
One question : before doing that did you first try an uninstallation and re-installation of Iron ? (because deleting "User data" means deleting the profile ... :shock:).

Just curious ...
roseover

Post by roseover »

throkr wrote:
Ironsword wrote:I had the missing scrollbar problem once too. The fix was to delete Chromium's "User data" folder and re-sync all settings.
One question : before doing that did you first try an uninstallation and re-installation of Iron ? (because deleting "User data" means deleting the profile ... :shock:).

Just curious ...
I know, right? :) I thought I'd give it a try, though. Since there's a weird issue with uninstalling, I have few options. Only thing I need to save is bookmarks anyway...
throkr

Post by throkr »

@ roseover

1. in fact, my previous post was addressed to Ironsword (you can see that I quoted his message ... ;) )

2. I never had the slightest problem uninstalling and re-installing Iron (using x64 version now); but it's up to you ... (and don't forget to save your profile first ! :mrgreen: ).
roseover

Post by roseover »

throkr wrote:@ roseover

1. in fact, my previous post was addressed to Ironsword (you can see that I quoted his message ... ;) )

2. I never had the slightest problem uninstalling and re-installing Iron (using x64 version now); but it's up to you ... (and don't forget to save your profile first ! :mrgreen: ).
I wonder why you thought I didn't know whom you addressed to...

Yeah, you don't have the problem at all if you run 64-bit. It says so on the linked page.
throkr

Post by throkr »

Yeah but I only use it since it is available (v 39.0.2100.0 - 2 January 2015); before that I used the 32-bit version a few years and, again, no (un)installation issue (thus in April 2014 - date of the threat you're referring to).

BTW, the trouble related there seems to be with XP; do you still run XP ? :?:
DarkHorZ

Post by DarkHorZ »

I also couldn't get Twitch to work on 41.0.2200.0 64 bit for Windows. Tried re-installing flash, disable extensions etc. to no avail. Had to revert to version 40.0.2150.0 :-/

Appreciate all your work, by the way
bla2e

Post by bla2e »

Good day,
There is still problem with web.whatsapp.com,
it offers to use another browser, why I can't use it on Iron anymore?
Leejun

Post by Leejun »

Good work, nice try but here it goes:

> Flash player NOT working.
> Scroll bars vanished;
> Google Now bug still runs on startup;
> SansSerif Fonts are displayed incorrectly.

Back to 40.0.2150.0 ...