Iron handles local anchors !

Iron Forum for english speaking people

rohart

Iron handles local anchors !

Post by rohart »

Ive spent several days looking for a browser that can handle URLs with anchors (like d:\folder\file.html#anchor) in local files.
Needless to say I havent tested Chrome or IE.

I'm trying to run a help file for a local app of my own, and I've just converted it to HTML ready for further development.

Iron is the ONLY browser that properly goes to the anchor after loading the file ! HOORAY ! Thank you Iron !

Now I'll spend some time trying Iron on the web. My only beef is why the exe for Iron is named chrome. These are two completely different metals. Why does expertise in one field almost demand ignorance in another field these days ? Or maybe my question should be why does the chrome engine not allow an exe to be given a name specific to the developer's application ?

Oh well. Gift horses.
mejoro

Re: Iron handles local anchors !

Post by mejoro »

Hi,
instead on my pc Iron doesn't really handle (since some versions) the local href # anchors... and I really cannot understand why or how to fix it!!

I've posted my problem here http://www.srware.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8124, but I really cannot understand this strange behaviour because -on my same computer, using any other browser- I can regularly open any url containing a local href # anchor...

...instead Iron just shows me always a blank page and if i would like to correctly open that url then I need to manually remove the terminal href # local anchor from that url and so the Iron browser will finally be able to opne it.

:?: confusing, but I always love Iron :ironvsie