Frequent Freezing with Version 39.0.2100.0 (64-bit)

Iron Forum for english speaking people

Stumpy91

Frequent Freezing with Version 39.0.2100.0 (64-bit)

Post by Stumpy91 »

I came here and loaded the latest SMWare Iron because I am totally fed up with all browsers eventually becoming very unstable with freezing and flash crashing. I've tried IE, Chrome, Firefox. This SRWare Iron Version 39.0.2100.0 (64-bit) isn't very stable for me either. When I start it, the initial page won't even load. No connection is reported. Finally after waiting for a very long time for previous tabs to load, eventually they will become unresponsive and I'm given the option to kill or wait. Flash still crashes. I'm running Windows 7 Premium 64-bit. I've scanned for malware. How can I make this browser stable and fast as advertised? This is just so frustrating. :cry:
NotMe

Re: Frequent Freezing with Version 39.0.2100.0 (64-bit)

Post by NotMe »

If every Browser is unstable on your system, mabye it's your systems fault, and not the Browsers? ;)
Badger200

Post by Badger200 »

I hate to give such a useless answer but I agree, your system must have underlying issues, its not that every browser is unstable.. I run 1300 Tabs in SRWare Iron 39 on Windows XP 32 bit, 4GB ram, Core i5 760 quad core and its pretty stable for days. But my usage is highly unusual and I do give both SRWare iron and my system a lot of constant TLC..

You need to be monitoring your system like a technician to diagnose the root cause of your problem. Event log, Process Hacker 2 / Process Explorer / Resource Monitor.
Stumpy91

Post by Stumpy91 »

I have the same problems on my work laptop as I do at home. And I'm not alone. The IT person at work says that the browsers just are not stable, and I have to agree. I follow the troubleshooting tips, what little there is, but nothing helps. I had a drive crash in my laptop so had a new hard drive installed with a new image and I had the same problems. Eventually all browsers start having problems with flash and start hanging, for some reason or another. If you don't have a problem, you are lucky. Otherwise the causes of the problems would be well publicized. You suggest becoming a tech and use resource monitor. I do. And I watch every browser start consuming more and more resources, RAM and CPU, until the system slows down and I have to restart. Just using a browser shouldn't require me to devote so many of my resources. Why are the browsers, SRWare Iron included, updated frequently with stability issues fixed if they are so stable?
Stumpy91

Post by Stumpy91 »

I should not need to be an IT technician to use a browser. I use resource monitor and it shows, that with any browser, that eventually the browser starts consuming more and more resources, CPU and RAM until the browser is inoperable. The PC needs to be restarted. Why do most change logs, if provided, say that stability problems were addressed with the revision. I am not alone with this. I see users asking the same problems I do. I also see people wanting to revert back to previous Iron versions. Why is that? No full-time IT tech on staff? I have the same problems with browsers at work and the IT tech there says it's a common problem. You are not helping unless you can make some suggestions on what to try instead of the same old BS.